Weight Plates Manufacturing Capacity to Boom Your Fitness Business
- Patents & certificates: meet ISO20957 standard, over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
- All products are self-designed to provide a professional movement angle, which is acknowledged by many professional trainers.
- Yanre Fitness’ aims to provide heavy-duty weight plates & cardio equipment & fitness accessories with top commercial quality.
- We adopt a lot of expensive and solid aluminum alloy as our parts.
- Highly recognized by pro-level fitness trainers.
- Solid and heavy raw materials & parts are applied to all of our products.
Products We Have for You
Showing 1–9 of 22 results
Black Trigrip Rubber Plates$5.00
This product is durable, nonodor rubber encased. Yanre Fitness made sure that this weight plate will provide years ...
Trigrip Rubber Plates$5.00
Specifically designed to make lifting and loading the weights onto the bars easier, the fabulous rubber coating pro...
Urethane Weight Plates (CPU)$4.00
WPC002 urethane weight plates are high-quality polyurethane resistant to impact, helping protect flooring and equip...
Multicolor Rubber Bumper Plate$5.00
Bumper plates don’t have to be expensive and break your bank. These bumper plates are made durable, affordabl...
Tripgrip virgin rubber plates (black)$5.00
Yanre Fitness’ WPHR003 trip handgrips virgin rubber plates premium quality is designed of Premium rubber that pro...
Rubber Bumper Plates (multicolor)$5.00
These Bumper plates are made perfectly for fitness centers where athletes go to get strong and drop their barbells....
Olympic Three Handgrips Rubber Plate (Multicolor)$5.00
Olympic bumper plates are coated in rubber, which may feature color or design. These are made of dense rubber ove...
Rubber Bumper Plates$5.00
Rubber Bumper plates are made of high-quality cast iron and rubber coating design that can withstand repeated drops...
Competition Bumper Plate – Black$4.00
In Yanre Fitness we produce a competition bumper plate – black which is a premium rubber wrapped bumper plate tha...
Over 95% clients choose to cooperate with Yanre Fitness, after visiting our factory and trying our commercial gym equipment personally.
Our gym equipment meet ISO 20957 standard, with over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development.
Weight Plate Wholesale – The Definitive FAQ Guide
Are you looking for a commercial weight plate wholesale? Do you have a high demand for weight plates in your commercial gym or distribution centre? Are you looking for different types of bulk weight plates at affordable prices? Yanre Fitness is your go-to place for all your weight plates related requirements.
Having thorough information about the equipment you are looking to buy is very important. In this FAQ guide, we are going to educate you about different aspects of weight plates. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- What is a Weight Plate?
- What are the types of weight plate by material?
- What are the different varieties of weight plates?
- Why Olympic plates are better than standard plates?
- What are the different types of Olympic weight plates according to training technique/ level?
- What are the different forms of weight plates according to usage?
- Do wholesale weight plates come with a rack?
- What should be the calibration tolerance of a weight plate?
- Do weight plates have a specific color coding?
- Do weight plates have variable shapes if I buy them in bulk?
- Should I buy a raised weight plate or a flat one?
- What should be the thickness of a weight plate?
- Do weight plates have handles?
- Should I buy bumper plates or Steel weight plates in wholesale?
- Do wholesale weight plates come with a bar?
- What should be the weight of weight plates that I buy?
- Should I buy fractional weight plates in bulk?
- Can I customize the color weight plates that I buy in bulk?
- Can I customize my logo on wholesale weight plates?
What is a Weight Plate?
A weight plate is heavy and flat gym equipment used for weight lifting or bodybuilding. Generally, they are used in combination with different weights on a bar.
What are the types of weight plate by material?
Material: They are made completely out of rubber.
Price: Their average price is $1.5 per pound, but it can vary.
- Last longer than cast iron plates
- have a very strong-odour
- Get scratched very easily.
Figure 1: Rubber weight plates
Cast Iron Plates
Material: Cast iron plates are made completely from iron.
Cost: Their average price is $1.2 per pound, but it can vary.
- Corrode over time.
- Create a lot of noise when they bang together.
Figure 2: Cast Iron weight plates
Steel weight plates
Stronger, expensive, and more durable than iron weight plates
Figure 3: Steel Weight Plate
Urethane Coated Plates
Material: made of steel with a coating of urethane.
Price: Their average price is $2 per pound, but it can vary.
- Scratch or crumble proof
- Thinner and no smell as compared to rubber plates
- Takes less space on bars
Figure 4: Urethane Coated Weight Plates
Rubber Coated Plates
Material: cast iron plates with rubber coating
Cost: $1.78 per pound
- Less expensive as compared to rubber-coated plates
- Have strong odour
- Get scratched easily
Figure 5: Rubber coated Weight Plates
Material: cement or sand with polyvinyl chloride coating.
- Used only for casual training
- Cement or sands break down quickly and leak out of the coating sheath.
Figure 6: Vinyl Coated Weight Plates
Chrome Weight Plates
Material: Steel plates with pure chrome coating
- Adds a nice finish to plates
- Lasts longer than steel plates
Figure 7: Chrome Weight Plates
What are the different varieties of weight plates?
- Have a 2-inch hole to slide onto the bar.
- Only plates that are used at the competitive level.
- Have a grip style
- Uniform in every brand
- Fit with almost every bar or plated loaded gym equipment
Figure 8: Olympic weight plates
- Have a 1-inch for mounting them onto the bar.
- Cheaper alternative to Olympic plates.
- Do not have an efficient grip
- transport is difficult.
- Does not fit in Olympic bars
Figure 9: Standard weight plates
Why Olympic plates are better than standard plates?
Following characteristics of Olympic plates make them better
- They are stable on the bars or machine
- They can be used for a lot of exercises as compared to standard weight plates
- They are easy to grip
- Their size is universal so you do not have to worry about their compatibility with bars
What are the different types of Olympic weight plates according to training technique/ level?
Technique weight plates
- Suitable for beginners only
- Small size
- Made up of rubber
- No metal rings around the holes
- Usually available only in 2.5kg and 5kg
Figure 10: Technique Weight Plate
Training weight plates
- Close replica of competitive weight plates weight plates
- Low calibration as compared to competitive weight plates
- Cheaper than competitive weight plates
Figure 11: Training Weight Plate
Competitive weight plates
- Best calibration of all weight plates
- Accurate weight, the error margin is only 0.05% to 0.1%
Figure 12: Competitive Weight Plate
What are the different forms of weight plates according to usage?
Bumper Weight Plates
- Made up of rubber
- Can be easily dropped in Olympic training
- Available in a variety of colors
Figure 13: Bumper Weight Plate
Steel / Iron Weight plates
- The difference between them is about durability only.
- Not suitable for dropping.
Figure 14: Steel Weight Plate
Tri-Grip Weight Plates
- Widely used in commercial gyms
- Rubber or urethane coated
- Have three handles around all edges
- Not suitable for dropping
Figure 15: Tri-Grip Weight Plates
Change Weight Plates
- Closely resembles fractional plates
- Small weight such as 1kg, 2kg
- Used by bodybuilders
Figure 16: Change Weight Plate
Fractional Weight Plates
- Used for Smaller increments as compared to change plates
- The smallest weight is 0.125 kg.
Figure 17: Fractional Weight Plate
Do wholesale weight plates come with a rack?
No, weight plates do not come with a rack. You have to buy it separately according to the weight plates you are buying. Besides, some manufacturers also offer bundle deals where you can get both items at a cheaper rate when combined. Yanre Fitness also offers an affordable and durable weight plate rack.
Figure 18: Weight Plate Rack
What should be the calibration tolerance of a weight plate?
The maximum calibration tolerance of a weight plate can only be 2% for training or competitive weight plates. However, for general weight plates, the acceptable limit is approximately 5%.
Calibration tolerance tells about the difference between the actual weight and the written weight of a weight plate. It is an important factor that will determine the quality of the weight plate.
Do weight plates have a specific color coding?
Yes, weight plates often have a colour coding. It is done to easily identify the weight of the plates without looking at the printed weight. The generally accepted weights according to colours are as follows:
However, if you do not want to buy coloured weight plates, black or grey ones are also easily available.
Do weight plates have variable shapes if I buy them in bulk?
Yes, weight plates come in a variety of shapes. But the general and widely used shape is circular. Some weight plates are 8 to 12 sided. You can get both circular and 12-sided weight plates at Yanre Fitness.
Should I buy a raised weight plate or a flat one?
You should always buy a raised weight plate. It allows you to insert your hand under it and lift it easily. This raised surface is around the centre hole of the weight plate.
Figure 21: Raised insert in a Weight Plate
What should be the thickness of a weight plate?
The thickness of a weight plate depends on two factors:
- Manufacturer/ quality
- Weight of the plate
The thinner the weight plate, the better it is. This is because it allows the user to put more weight plates on the bar.
Do weight plates have handles?
Some weight plates have handles while others do not. These handles are wide openings at the edges of the weight plate. It helps you in easy lifting.
We recommend you buying weight plates that have handles. Otherwise, buy those that have raised surrounding edges.
Figure 22: Handles in a Weight Plate
Should I buy bumper plates or Steel weight plates in wholesale?
We recommend buying Steel weight plates for your commercial gym in bulk qunatity. However, for a distribution centre, both types are necessary. This decision depends on the type of customers you have.
Bumper plates are safe for floors but they are used by beginner trainers usually. As they are thick, so occupy a larger space on the bar. Therefore Steel weight plates are used for heavy weight lifts.
Do wholesale weight plates come with a bar?
No, weight plates do not come with bars. You need to buy them separately. One of the reasons behind this is that weight plates are also used with other equipment such as Shrug Machine. Therefore, it is impractical to sell them with bars.
What should be the weight of weight plates that I buy?
We recommend you buying complete sets of weight plates. This is because, at your gym, you can expect every level of trainer. Therefore, to meet their requirements, buying low weight and heavyweights are equally important. Below are the denominations in which each type of weight plate is generally available.
- Standard weight plates: 2.5, 5, 10, 25, 35, and 50 pounds
- Olympic Weight plates: 2.5, 5, 10, 25, 35, and 45 pounds.
- Bumper weight Plates: 10, 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55 pounds.
Should I buy fractional weight plates in bulk?
Yes, you should buy fractional weight plates for your gym or distribution centre. These weight plates weigh 1 pound or less. They are used for small increments in the overall weight plates being used. They are required by advanced level trainers.
Can I customize the color weight plates that I buy in bulk?
Yes, Yanre Fitness allows complete colour customization of weight plates. Although steel weight plates are in grey or black colour and bumper plates have a specific universal colour scheme, you can customize it according to your requirements. Contact our sales department for more information.
Can I customize my logo on wholesale weight plates?
Yes, you can customize your weight plate logo. Contact Yanre Fitness for more information and to communicate your requirements.
We hope that after reading this comprehensive FAQ Guide, you would have cleared all your confusion regarding wholesale weight plates. Yanre Fitness are a trusted wholesale weight plate manufacturers. We offer high-quality commercial weight plates in bulk quantity at affordable prices. Contact our sales department for a customized price quote now!