Commercial Grade Gym Plate Rack OEM & ODM for Your Brand
- Lefit and many famous brands choose Yanre Fitness, and our clients are all over the world
- Yanre Fitness’ aims to provide heavy-duty gym plate rack & cardio equipment & fitness accessories with top commercial quality.
- Some commercial gyms can even use our products for 8 years.
- High-temperature resistance
- High load capacity
- Smooth and quiet operation
Products We Have for You
Showing all 2 results
Over 95% clients choose to cooperate with Yanre Fitness, after visiting our factory and trying our commercial gym equipment personally.
Our gym equipment meet ISO 20957 standard, with over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development.
Gym Plate Rack – Definitive FAQ Guide
Are you looking to give some organized appearance to your commercial gym?
Are you having trouble organizing your gym plates?
Are you having trouble finding the perfect plate stand for your gym?
We are here to help you get out of this problem!
We have compiled this detailed FAQ guide regarding gym plate stands so you can get all the information you need to make an informed decision. We have all the information you need to know regarding the manufacturing process, pricing, dimensions.
So read on below to find out all you need to know.
Table of Contents
- What is a gym plate rack?
- Why do I need to purchase a gym plate rack?
- Are there different types of gym plate racks?
- What sort of finish does the gym plate rack have?
- What material is best for the gym plate rack?
- What is the weight capacity of the gym plate racks?
- What is the average cost of the gym plate rack?
- What are the average dimensions of a gym plate rack?
- Is the gym plate rack stand shipped pre-assembled?
- Do I need professional assistance with the assembly of the gym plate rack?
- Do you offer different colors for the gym plate rack?
- Do you offer logo printing services for gym plate racks?
What is a gym plate rack?
Gym plate racks are pieces of equipment that you can use to store weight plates when they are not being used. This helps reduce the clutter in the gym and gives it a more organized look. Free weights can also damage the flooring which is why it is important to keep them secure with the help of gym plate holders.
Figure 1. Gym plate rack
Why do I need to purchase a gym plate rack?
Gym plate racks are handy for several purposes such as:
- Organizing the weight plates – makes it easier for both you and your customers to access the plates.
- Protect the flooring – free weights tend to be heavy and will damage your floor if not properly secured.
- Save Space – storing the gym plates on a rack will reduce the clutter in your gym. This will make the gym look more spacious and will be much easier to navigate.
Are there different types of gym plate racks?
Yes, gym plate racks differ based on their design style. They can be:
- Mounted gym plate racks
- Freestanding gym plate racks
Mounted Gym Plate Racks:
Mounted gym plate racks are mounted onto the walls. They have multiple sleeves for the weight plates depending upon the manufacturer. The sleeve number can range anywhere from two to more.
Figure 2. Wall-mounted gym plate rack
Freestanding Gym Plate Rack:
Freestanding gym plate racks do not need to be attached to anything. They are usually larger and can accommodate more weight plates.
They are available in the following different designs.
- Tree Rack design: These racks are vertical racks that save space with their compact design.
Figure 3. Tree design gym plate rack
- Frame Racks: These racks take up more space with their not-so-compact design. They have multiple sleeves that face outward for easy access to the plates.
Figure 4. Frame gym plate rack
- Triangular Racks: these racks have a pyramidal structure that ensures stability while storing the plates. The design allows you to easily access the plates.
Figure 5. Triangular gym plate rack
- Horizontal Plate Rack: These horizontal racks can be used to organize weight plates, but they tend to have less capacity and take up more space.
Figure 6. Horizontal gym plate rack
- Vertical Racks: These racks usually have a single vertical sleeve, upon which the plates can be stacked.
Figure 7. Vertical gym plate rack
What sort of finish does the gym plate rack have?
The rack’s finish decides how the rack looks and how it will fare against environmental elements.
To determine the quality of the rack’s finish, you need to check the process that was used. Usually, there are two steps:
- Sandblasting/Pickling Phosphating:
Sandblasting is the preferred method over pickling phosphating because pickling phosphating is detrimental to the environment. However, you do need to confirm that there is no sand left in the pipe, or it may clog the screw gaps or leak onto the carpet.
- Powder Coating:
The quality of the powder used for coating is as variable as its price. Higher quality shows itself after a few months in the form of minimal to no abrasion, rusting, and fading.
Figure 8. Powder-coated finish
What material is best for the gym plate rack?
The mainframe of the rack will be made from pipes. The higher the quality of the pipe, the more durable it will be.
- The piping material should follow the quality standards of their region. For China, that is Q235. For other regions, you should check with the manufacturer before purchase.
- The ideal length and width of the pipe are 40mm x 80mm. The standard thickness is 3mm.
- It is better to use a rack that has its pipes bent rather than cut and welded. As bent pips are more durable and will last longer.
Figure 9. Q235 standard pipes
What is the weight capacity of the gym plate racks?
The weight capacity for the gym plate holder ranges from 300 pounds to 800 pounds depending on the style of the rack.
Horizontal gym racks can hold up to 800 pounds of plates.
Frame racks can hold up to 300 – 500 pounds of weight.
Vertical racks can hold up to 300 pounds of weight.
However, please contact and confirm the weight capacity with the manufacturer because they can be different according to different manufacturers.
What is the average cost of the gym plate rack?
The average cost for a gym plate rack starts from $100 and goes up to $500.
The price changes according to the brands and manufacturing process of the gym plate rack.
The price also varies according to the style of the rack.
What are the average dimensions of a gym plate rack?
There is no standard size for the gym plate racks.
It all depends on the brand you are buying and the style that you are purchasing.
For example, a vertical gym plate rack can be 60cm (Length) x 57cm (Width) x 110cm (Height). Do bear in mind that even other vertical racks will be in different sizes, not to mention the other types.
You should choose the rack size according to the space that you have available and check it with the relevant manufacturer.
Figure 10. General dimensions of gym plate rack
Is the gym plate rack stand shipped pre-assembled?
No, the gym plate racks are not shipped fully assembled.
Shipping an assembled rack can increase shipping costs and the chances of damage. You will have to assemble the gym plate rack once you receive it.
Do I need professional assistance with the assembly of the gym plate rack?
You will be provided with a manual to assist in the assembly and the assembly is easy enough for you to be able to do it on your own.
However, if you feel like you require additional assistance, you can get it.
Please refer to the following video for an example of how the gym plate racks are assembled:
Do you offer different colors for the gym plate rack?
Yes, Yanre Fitness will offer you different colors.
Please contact our sales department to place your order and inform them of your preferences so that we can accommodate you.
Do you offer logo printing services for gym plate racks?
Yanre Fitness allows you to customize the equipment with your logo.
Please place your order with our sales department and let us know what customizations you require. We would be happy to help you.
After going through our detailed FAQ guide on gym plate racks, you should have all the information necessary to make a good purchase.
However, if you still have some queries, we will be more than pleased to help you so feel free to contact us.
While you are here, please take a look at our collection of gym equipment. Especially if you are looking for gym plate racks in which case the models 61A51 and EI 7351 will certainly interest you. Please reach out to us in case of any queries or to place your orders.