Commercial Gym Flooring Rolls – Definitive FAQ Guide
Securing a gym floor is one of the most important norms of every gym. While there are many ways to protect a gym floor, commercial gym flooring rolls are one of the most effective options.
But you may be confused when it comes to choosing a gym flooring roll. So, how do you select the right gym flooring rolls that cater to the gym’s needs?
That is what you will learn in this FAQ guide. You will know everything about gym flooring rolls, their types, costs, where to find them, and much more in this article.
Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- 1. What are commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 2. What are the functions of commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 3. What are the types of commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 4. What are the dimensions of commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 5. What is the difference between commercial gym flooring rolls, mats, and interlocking tiles?
- 6. Are commercial gym flooring rolls safe to use?
- 7. How to install commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 8. Do commercial gym flooring rolls have a strong odor?
- 9. How do I clean commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 10. What is the average cost of commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 11. Where to find wholesale commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 12. What are the things to consider in buying commercial gym flooring rolls?
- 13. Conclusion
1. What are commercial gym flooring rolls?
The commercial gym flooring rolls are the rolling mats that are designed to protect a gym floor from getting damaged.
They also provide comfortability to the users so that they can exercise smoothly.
2. What are the functions of commercial gym flooring rolls?
Commercial gym flooring rolls are multi-functional. Below are the 5 main functions of commercial gym flooring rolls.
- To absorb the impact of dropped weights and heavy machinery on a gym floor.
- Stop the concrete or a cemented floor from getting damaged.
- Insulate the floor from noise, friction, and heat so that the building’s lower floors and connected patches are not affected.
- Provide safety and a cozy surface to the gym users for smooth exercises.
- Helps achieve the extended life of a gym floor.
3. What are the types of commercial gym flooring rolls?
The most common types of commercial gym flooring rolls are as follows:
- Rubber Gym Flooring Rolls
- Foam Gym Flooring Rolls
- PVC Gym Flooring Rolls
- Carpet Gym Flooring Rolls
- Turf Gym Flooring Rolls
Rubber Gym Flooring Rolls
Are made of rubber material. These are the most common types of gym flooring used in the majority of gyms.
Rubber gym flooring rolls are relatively inexpensive as compared to their counterparts. They are easy to install and give fair protection to your gym floor for a long time.
Rubber gym flooring rolls are very easy to cut, join, and adjust according to your needs. They are also excellent absorbers of heat and sound.
Figure 1: Rubber gym flooring rolls (Image src:namarubber)
Foam Gym Flooring Roll
Foam gym flooring rolls are made of foam material. They are relatively softer, lighter, and comfortable in use. That’s why they have special uses in a gym.
They may be used for exercises like yoga and aerobics, etc. They are especially used at places where comfortability is preferred in case of direct physical contact of gym users with the flooring roll.
Advanced foam technologies like EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate) foam material have also been introduced for improved floor protection.
Figure 2: Foam flooring roll (Image src:asanaclimbing)
PVC Gym Flooring Rolls
PVC flooring rolls are manufactured using polyvinyl chloride. They are also called Vinyl flooring rolls. People also call these rolls “plastic gym flooring” in non-technical language.
PVC flooring is useful when you want to put gym flooring over the carpet. It protects the underlying carpet as well as the floor from gym equipment and weightlifting exercises.
PVC flooring is considered one of the most flexible options to protect your gym floor.
Figure 3: PVC gym flooring roll (Image src:floormatcompany)
Carpet Gym Flooring Rolls
These flooring rolls are made with the carpet material. Some gym owners install carpet flooring due to its warm, cozy, and durable nature.
Gym owners can use different colors of carpets to make their gym more attractive.
Carpet gym flooring rolls need to be handled with care against weight fall and moisture.
Figure 4: Carpet flooring roll (image src:matsmatsmats)
Turf Gym Flooring Rolls
Turf gym flooring rolls give your gym floors a grassy look. This artificial grass can be made of different materials.
These turf rolls can be made up of materials like polyethylene and fiber. These materials make Turf rolls usable for a long time.
These rolls are a good choice in terms of an attractive look.
Figure 5: Turf gym flooring roll (image src:sunzone)
4. What are the dimensions of commercial gym flooring rolls?
The dimensions of commercial gym flooring rolls can be determined in the following two ways:
- Physical Dimensions
Physical Dimensions: The physical dimensions of commercial gym flooring rolls can be calculated by their width and length.
For example, a commercial gym flooring roll with a physical dimension of 1m×10m would mean that the roll would be 1m wide and 10m long.
These dimensions can vary according to the needs of a gym.
Most gym owners prefer to buy a complete roll so that they can cut and adjust the flooring roll according to their needs.
Thickness: The thickness of a gym flooring roll is probably the most crucial part. It decides how it will protect the floor and its subfloors from noise.
The thickness of these flooring rolls is either measured in inches or mm. The most common thickness in gym flooring rolls is 1/2”.
5. What is the difference between commercial gym flooring rolls, mats, and interlocking tiles?
The basic difference between commercial gym flooring rolls, mats, and interlocking tiles is their shapes. The three of them are used for the same purpose in the gym – to protect and make the gym flooring more comfortable.
- Commercial gym flooring rolls are in the form of large sheets. These sheets are rolled to make them a single entity that requires less space to be carried.
These rolls are opened up and spread on gym floors to protect them. Commercial gym flooring rolls normally require a lot of cutting and joining.
Figure 6: Commercial gym flooring rolls (image src:yanrefitness)
- Commercial gym flooring mats are normally in the shape of a square or rectangle. A square-shaped gym flooring mat can be of 4×4” or 2×2” size. As they are in smaller sizes, you can use them at specific places in your gym.
Figure 7: Commercial gym flooring mats (image src:Alibaba)
- Interlocking tiles are kind of puzzles or a jigsaw. Just like gym flooring mats, these tiles are also in patches. They can also be used at specific places in a gym. But they have a special feature. The sides of these interlocking tiles are designed in a way that other pieces of tiles can be joined with them to provide an interlocking feature.
6. Are commercial gym flooring rolls safe to use?
Yes. commercial gym flooring rolls are safe to use. Rather, the safety of the gym floor, gym users, and equipment are a few of the prime objectives of commercial gym flooring rolls.
7. How to install commercial gym flooring rolls?
Installing the commercial gym flooring rolls is a simple task. You can either hire a specialist for this purpose or you can also install it yourself even if you have never done it before.
You just need the following things to install commercial gym flooring rolls.
- Measuring material
- Double-sided glue
- A good roll cutter/knife
You need to clean the floor so that it does not have any impurities that can affect the bonding of double tape with the floor and rolls.
Below are the 5 simple steps on how you can install commercial gym flooring rolls:
- Choose a starting point in your gym and start unrolling the commercial gym flooring roll over the floor from one edge to another edge. You can also go from one corner to another corner of the gym floor.
- When you reach the other corner or edge of the gym, you should use a measuring material to ensure that you cut the gym flooring roll perfectly. You can also mark the flooring rolls with the help of a pencil or chalk to ensure perfect cutting.
You should always try to cut the gym flooring roll with extra length in mind. That is because you can always cut more as per your requirements but you cannot undo a cut that you have already made to the roll.
Always take 3-4 measurements from different places on your gym floor before cutting a roll. This is to ensure that you have taken the right measurements.
- If one of the flooring rolls finished before reaching the other corner of the gym, leave it there and start unrolling the other roll right where the previous roll ended.
- Repeat the process by unrolling and spreading the flooring rolls to cover the whole or desired area of your gym floor.
- The edges of the rolls should fit together naturally. But just to ensure long-term floor protection, use the double-sided tape on the edges and seams of the gym flooring rolls so that they stay in place.
That’s it. You have just learned to install commercial gym flooring rolls on your own.
8. Do commercial gym flooring rolls have a strong odor?
No. Most commercial gym flooring rolls do not have a strong odor. But you may feel a strong smell from some commercial gym flooring rolls that are made of special chemicals. These gym flooring rolls can also be toxic and hazardous to health.
A good company like Yanre Fitness that is selling commercial gym flooring rolls is something you can trust. After all, it is your gym and you don’t want to use a substandard or hazardous gym flooring roll that affects you and your gym members.
9. How do I clean commercial gym flooring rolls?
It is very easy to clean commercial gym flooring rolls. You can do it in the following ways:
- Using a vacuum cleaner.
- Using sponges or neat clothes to clean the patches that are dirty or have spillovers.
- Using water especially for flooring rolls that are made of non-fabric materials.
- You can also use the mops to clean your gym flooring rolls especially if there are no special stains and stubborn spots that need special cleaning.
- You can use detergents to clean out the dirty patches and let them dry out naturally.
Cautions for Cleaning Gym Flooring Rolls
- Do not use hard substances and aggressive scraping as you may end up tearing or damaging your gym flooring rolls.
- Don’t use chemicals and bleaches that might damage the color of your gym flooring rolls.
- Try not to wash the whole gym floor with water as the water can go to the edges, corners, and joints of the flooring rolls and can damage the real floor or even create a smell if it does not evaporate fully.
10. What is the average cost of commercial gym flooring rolls?
The cost of commercial gym flooring rolls is measured as per square feet. The average cost of commercial gym flooring rolls is around $1-$9 per sq ft.
Just like every other thing that you buy, the prices or cost of gym flooring rolls depend upon different factors. The main factors that differentiates in the cost of commercial gym flooring rolls are mentioned below.
- Thickness of flooring rolls
- Composition and material used
- Color scheme
The cost of commercial gym flooring rolls goes up as you increase thickness. For example, if a commercial gym flooring roll of 3/8“ is being offered at $2 per sq ft, then the commercial gym flooring roll of 1/2“ can be somewhere around $2.75 to $3 per sq ft.
The same goes for their composition, material and the color scheme. Rubber gym flooring rolls are cost friendly as compared to other materials like fiber.
11. Where to find wholesale commercial gym flooring rolls?
China has been serving wholesale products to the entire world for many decades. While you may find a lot of Chinese sellers who offer wholesale commercial gym flooring rolls, Yanre Fitness stands apart.
You can select the material according to your choice and send us an inquiry. Our representative will be right there to discuss the details with you.
After the discussion, you will be able to get an idea of the overall cost that you would have to spend on protecting your gym floor.
We provide premium quality commercial gym flooring rolls at affordable prices.
12. What are the things to consider in buying commercial gym flooring rolls?
You should have a keen look at your gym and your existing and potential members to understand the common and most crucial requirements before buying commercial gym flooring rolls.
For example, if humidity is a key component of the atmosphere around your gym, you should consider buying waterproof flooring rolls for your gym.
Following are some of the most common things to consider in buying commercial gym flooring rolls:
- Try to choose the right thickness of commercial gym flooring rolls. The thickness may vary as per the types of exercises that need to be performed in specific areas of your gym.
- Choose the right type of material out of the ones that are described above.
- Go for non-porous flooring rolls for longer durability and easy maintenance.
- As a commercial gym entitles a large number of members, the commercial gym flooring rolls must be safe to use.
- Just like every other commercial product, you should always go for good-quality commercial gym flooring rolls at competitive prices. That’s why we suggest you choose your gym flooring rolls from Yanre Fitness.
So, you have read about all the important insights on commercial gym flooring rolls. We have tried to include all the questions regarding gym flooring rolls on a commercial level.
We really hope that you must have found value in this FAQ guide. If you think there is still something that we have not covered in this article, do let us know.
Are you planning to buy flooring rolls for your commercial gym? Contact us to get an instant quote!