Become an Expert When Importing Bumper Plates from China
- Trusted in gym equipment manufacturing industry since 1997
- Proven commercial quality equipment
- Clients from all over the world with famous brands
- Made of 100% rubber to withstand repeated drops during any fitness workout
- Professionally designed with stainless steel insert that remains firmly seated
- Weight has easy handle grips to make loading smooth.
- Designed with color coded and labeled to identify easily
Products We Have for You
Showing all 6 results
Competition Bumper Plate – Black$4.00
In Yanre Fitness we produce a competition bumper plate – black which is a premium rubber wrapped bumper plate tha...
Rubber Bumper Plates (multicolor)$5.00
These Bumper plates are made perfectly for fitness centers where athletes go to get strong and drop their barbells....
Rubber Coated Weight Lifting Bumper Plates Barbell Plate$5.00
Yanre Fitness’ WPR002 rubber coated weight lifting bumper plates barbell plate features high-density, recycled na...
Multicolor Rubber Bumper Plate$5.00
Bumper plates don’t have to be expensive and break your bank. These bumper plates are made durable, affordabl...
Multicolor PU Bumper Plate$5.00
Multicolor PU Bumper Plate features colored plates to help guide weight selection. These color-coded features are d...
Rubber Bumper Plates$5.00
Rubber Bumper plates are made of high-quality cast iron and rubber coating design that can withstand repeated drops...
Over 95% clients choose to cooperate with Yanre Fitness, after visiting our factory and trying our commercial gym equipment personally.
Our gym equipment meet ISO 20957 standard, with over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development.
Bumper Plates in China – Definitive FAQ Guide
Are you looking to buy bumper plates in bulk?
Chinese bumper plates would be a great choice.
There are certain things you should keep in mind before ordering bumper plates from China at a wholesale price.
So let’s explore the bumper plates in detail to make the right choice.
Table of Contents
- What are bumper plates?
- What’s the difference between bumper plates and weight plates?
- Are bumper plates better than weight plates?
- What’s the difference between bumper plates and technique plates?
- What are the different types of bumper plates?
- What’s the difference between urethane coated bumper plates and rubber coated bumper plates?
- Do all bumper plates have the same diameter?
- What’s the diameter of bumper plates?
- What is the thickness of a bumper plate?
- What are the different weights of bumper plates?
- Are bumper plates color-coded?
- What to consider while buying bumper plates in bulk?
- What is the wholesale price of Chinese bumper plates?
- Are there any storage racks for bumper plates?
What are bumper plates?
Bumper plates are a kind of weight plates made of premium quality rubber or Urethane. Bumper plates are an ideal choice for Olympic weight lifting and CrossFit training.
Figure 1: Bumper Plates
What’s the difference between bumper plates and weight plates?
Bumper plates and weight plates are different in many ways:
- Material – Bumper plates are metal plates coated with rubber or Urethane while the weight plates don’t have any coating on them.
- Diameter – Bumper plates have the same diameter for all weight options while the weight plates have different diameters.
- Color – Bumper plates are colored and these colors represent the weight of bumper plates.
- Cost – Bumper plates are a bit expensive as compared to the weight plates.
Are bumper plates better than weight plates?
Yes, bumper plates are better than weight plates for the following good reasons:
- Less floor damage – Rubber or Urethane coating and dead bounce of bumper plates protects the floor from damage. Weight plates on the other hand are just made of cast iron or steel and cause a lot of damage to the floor when dropped down.
- Less wear and tear of plates – The protective rubber or Urethane layer of bumper plates is so dense that it doesn’t get damaged itself either.
- Less barbell damage – Bumper plates have a standard 50.4 mm diameter of the inner steel insert. It’s perfectly trimmed for a seamless fitting on an Olympic bar. Perfect fitting of the bumper plates’ steel insert on the barbell protects barbells from heavy shocks and damage.
- Less noise – Bumper plates are coated with rubber so they make less noise than the weight plates.
- Same diameter – Similar diameter of bumper plates for all weight options allows equal distribution of impact on all the plates. It helps in protecting the floor, bumper plates and barbell from damage.
- Thin plates – Bumper plates are thinner as compared to weight plates, so more plates can be added to the barbell easily.
- Color coding – International color coding of bumper plates makes it easy to select the right plates.
What’s the difference between bumper plates and technique plates?
Technique plates are a kind of bumper plates designed for beginners. Technique plates are made of high-density polyethylene plastic (HDPE) and have the same standard diameter as the bumper plates. These are available only in lighter weight ranges.
What are the different types of bumper plates?
There are 2 types of bumper plates:
- Full rubber bumper plates – These bumper plates are solid and are fully made of rubber with a metal center hub. Multiple rubber discs are compressed together to make these full rubber bumper plates.
You can watch this video to learn some more about the manufacturing process of full rubber bumper plates:
- Rubber or Urethane coated bumper plates – These bumper plates are made of cast iron and are coated with virgin rubber or Urethane (PU). The hub and the inner sleeve of these bumper plates is made of stainless steel.
You can watch this video to learn some more about the manufacturing process of rubber or Urethane coated bumper plates:
What’s the difference between urethane coated bumper plates and rubber coated bumper plates?
These are a few differences between Urethane coated bumper plates and rubber coated bumper plates:
- Durability – Both rubber coated and Urethane coated bumper plates are durable but the rubber-coated ones are a bit likely to get scratches.
- Thickness – Rubber coated bumper plates are slightly bulkier than the Urethane coated bumper plates.
- Odor – Urethane coated bumper plates are odorless while the rubber coated bumper plates have got the smell of rubber.
- Color – The colors of Urethane coated bumper plates are much brighter and vibrant than the rubber coated bumper plates.
- Price – Urethane coated bumper plates are a bit expensive as compared to rubber coated bumper plates.
You can watch this video to learn some more about the advantages of Urethane coated bumper plates over rubber coated or full rubber bumper plates:
Do all bumper plates have the same diameter?
Yes, all the bumper plates have the same diameter regardless of their weight.
What’s the diameter of bumper plates?
The standard diameter of bumper plates is 450 mm.
What is the thickness of a bumper plate?
Bumper plates of different weights have different thickness. This thickness varies for different brands.
Bumper plates with less thickness are better as it leaves more space on the bar for adding more plates.
- 55 lbs – 3.15 inches
- 45 lbs – 2.85 inches
- 35 lbs – 2.36 inches
- 25 lbs- 1.80 inches
- 15 lbs-1.20 inches
- 10 lbs-1.00 inch
Figure 2: Thickness of Bumper Plates
What are the different weights of bumper plates?
Some of the bumper plates have weights in KG and some have in LB.
These are different weight options of Yanre Fitness bumper plates in KG:
- 25 kg
- 20 kg
- 15 kg
- 10 kg
- 5 kg
- 2.5 kg
- 1.25 kg
- 1 kg
- 0.5 kg
Figure 3: Bumper plates in KG
These are different weight options of Yanre Fitness bumper plates in LB:
- 55 lb
- 45 lb
- 35 lb
- 25 lb
- 15 lb
- 10 lb
- 5 lb
- 2.5 lb
- 1.25 lb
Figure 4: Bumper Plates in LB
Are bumper plates color-coded?
Yes, the colors of bumper plates indicate their weight. Below is the coding of bumper plates according to IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) color standards:
- Red bumper plates – 55 lb / 25 kg
- Blue bumper plates – 45 lb / 20 kg
- Yellow bumper plates – 35 lb / 15 kg
- Green bumper plates – 25 lb / 10 kg
- Black bumper plates – 15 lb / 7 kg
- Gray bumper plates – 10 lb / 5 kg
What to consider while buying bumper plates in bulk?
Just make sure to consider these points while buying wholesale bumper plates from a bumper plate manufacturer:
- Premium Quality Rubber or Urethane – Bumper plates coated with dense virgin rubber or quality Urethane are the best. This layer protects bumper plates and floor from damage and helps in creating a dead low bounce.
- Steel Insert – Steel inserts are much more durable than brass ones. Make sure that the steel insert of your bumper plates is of standard 50.4 mm diameter.
- Tapered Edges – Bumper plates with tapered edges are better for a firm grip. It makes it easier to carry the plates and ensures your safety as well.
Figure 5: Quality Features of Bumper Plates
- Steel Hub – The steel hub strengthens the inner insert and the plate itself.
Figure 6: Steel Hub of Bumper Plates
- Thickness of plates – Bumper plates with less thickness are better as you can add more plates to the bar as needed.
- Drop testing – Quality bumper plate manufacturers always drop test their bumper plates for checking their bounce and durability. Drop tests of bumper plates are proof of their quality and durability. Yanre Fitness bumper plates are tested 10,000 to 30,000 times from the height of 2.2m to be sure of the quality.
- Quality of logo and weight printing – Bumper plate logo and weight can be printed in 2 different ways. It can either be an embossed printing within the plate itself or just a painted logo.
The embossed logo and weight printing on the bumper plates are more durable but a good quality painted printing also lasts a pretty long time. Colored printing on black bumper plates and white printing on colored plates are in trend these days.
What is the wholesale price of Chinese bumper plates?
You can buy bumper plates from China at very reasonable wholesale rates. The per kg wholesale price of bumper plates starts from around $4.20 to $3.80 and goes as low as $3.30 per kg for bigger orders of 1000 kg or more.
Are there any storage racks for bumper plates?
Yes, you can get storage racks and holders for bumper plates. These racks are made of powder-coated heavy gauge steel tubes. You can get bumper plate storage racks in a variety of designs.
Figure 7: Bumper Plates Tree Style Storage Rack
Figure 8: bumper Plates Portable Trolley Rack
Hopefully, our comprehensive FAQ on bumper plates would now lead you to the best bumper plates for your gym.
We’ve answered most of the questions related to bumper plates and now you can make the right choice.
Just have a look at our best-quality commercial bumper plate.