Your Best Air Bike Manufacturer in China
- Patents & certificates that meet ISO20957 standard.
- Professional customer service before and after sales.
- Competitive balance between price, quality, and brand.
- Equipped with premium quality material
- Designed with versatile and adjustable seat suitable for anyone
- User-friendly tracker and an LCD with backlight computer
- Ergonomically designed for comfortable seating
- Manufactured by Yanre Fitness, your best air bike manufacturer in China
Products We Have for You
Showing all 2 results
DESIGNED By ATHLETES, FOR ATHLETES
At Yanre Fitness, design is NOT just what it looks like and feels like.
Design is how it works.
Simple, But Significant.
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development:
- We built our R&D center with experts from exercise physiology, biomechanics, ergonomics, machinery, manufacturing and technology advancement.
- We have been focused on producing self-designed, affordable fitness equipment for our customers.
- We have created unique movement angles and equipment designs that enable our strength equipment to withstand stringent profession
The customers are always impressed with our production processes when visiting the factories.
Over 95% clients choose to cooperate with Yanre Fitness, after visiting our factory and trying our commercial gym equipment personally.
Our gym equipment meet ISO 20957 standard, with over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development.
Air Bikes China – Definitive FAQ Guide
You might have been thinking about sourcing your air bikes for your business from China. However, you are undecided. Or you don’t know where to start.
Well, you’ve come to the right place. This FAQ guide will give you all the tidbits you need to make your mind up and start another business venture with air bikes from China.
We will give you information on how Chinese manufacturers operate and keep their air bikes at premium quality. You will also know how to find, verify, and deal with air bike Chinese manufacturers and how to export and import to your country from China.
So, what are you waiting for? Dig in!
Table of Contents
- 1. Are air bikes in China quality-made?
- 2. How do Chinese manufacturers perform quality control of their air bikes?
- 3. Do the air bikes in China have product certificates?
- 4. What do I get if I buy air bikes from China?
- 5. What is the range price for air bikes in China?
- 6. How do I purchase air bikes in China?
- 7. Who are the leading manufacturers of air bikes in China?
- 8. How do I find a credible manufacturer of air bikes in China?
- 9. How do I verify manufacturers of air bikes in China?
- 10. How do I do a background check for the Chinese air bike manufacturer?
- 11. How do I test the air bike from Chinese manufacturers?
- 12. Are there international regulations for importing air bikes from China?
- 13. What are the costs involved in importing air bikes from China?
- 14. What is the timeline from ordering to delivery of air bikes in China?
- 15. Do I need to have an export license to purchase air bikes from China?
- 16. Is a license required to import air bikes from China?
- 17. Can I customize the air bike I purchase from China?
- 18. Can I imprint my logo on air bikes purchase from China?
- 19. How do I pay for the air bikes purchased in China?
- 20. Conclusion
1. Are air bikes in China quality-made?
Yes, contrary to popular belief, the air bikes manufactured in China are of premium quality.
Figure 1: YAB100 Air Bike by Yanre Fitness, a premium quality Chinese manufacturer of air bikes
Here are some facts to prove this case.
- Fitness equipment manufacturers like Johnson Health Tech, Nautilus, Star Trac, and other brands have OEM factories in China.
- According to ec.europa.eu 73% of imported exercise equipment to EU countries are from China.
- The Chinese government has been subsidizing the R&D of manufacturing industries to give them the capability to compete with popular fitness equipment brands.
- The US, which is the largest importer of fitness equipment, get its majority of imports from China.
2. How do Chinese manufacturers perform quality control of their air bikes?
Figure 2: Quality assurance and inspection for the air bike frames
Here are the various quality checks Chinese manufacturers do with their air bikes.
- Features and components check according to the Bill of Materials and client specifications.
- Design & labels check – stickers according to client specifications are attached to the frame and other parts of the air bike.
- Accessories check – information cards, user manuals, CE declaration of conformity, device holders, and other accessories are meticulously inspected.
- Console conformity and function inspection – validating the accuracy of metrics display and buttons are working perfectly.
- Visual check – the workmanship and overall product check; frame, seats, pedals, fan, drive systems, circuits and wiring, connectors, etc.
- Ride tests – Making sure that the ride is smooth without unwanted sounds in the background. That it does not have issues when resistance is increased, consoles are working perfectly, and fan operation is up to standards.
- Packaging (finished product) – carton label with the brand name, model number, part number, barcode, frame number. The air bike is properly protected with Styrofoam and protective bubble wrap for all parts.
The console is separately packed and snuggly fitted inside the box, and other parts are sufficiently protected from jerks or sudden impacts.
3. Do the air bikes in China have product certificates?
Yes, air bikes in China are tested and their quality certified by specific domestic and international authorities.
Look out for air bikes that have been tested and checked by these local and international testing agencies.
- TUV SUD
- Bureau Veritas
You can verify the product certificates given by any authorized testing lab by using their online database or calling them up.
4. What do I get if I buy air bikes from China?
Here’s what you gain when you import air bikes from China.
- Lower costs of air bike.
- Purchase air bikes with comparable or even higher quality than other countries.
- You get to take advantage of the R&D team of the Chinese manufacturer.
- More flexible payment terms.
- You can purchase large quantities of air bikes at one time.
- Manufacturers are more flexible and can customize your purchased air bikes.
5. What is the range price for air bikes in China?
In general, fitness equipment prices in China are cheaper by 30% to 40% compared to US brands with on par or more sophisticated quality. Premium-quality air bikes for retail range from $1000 to over $2000 in the US.
So, you get a really good deal from a price standpoint if you purchase air bikes in China.
6. How do I purchase air bikes in China?
Figure 3: Three types of sourcing agencies in China
Here’s what you should do:
- Find the specifications of the air bike you want to purchase.
- Find your potential Chinese suppliers or manufacturers.
- Request for an RFQ from your manufacturer. You should be able to give all the details they need in the RFQ like:
- The specification of the air bike
- Your initial quantity for purchase
- Your company address
- Their cost for a sample air bike
- The timeline for the sample production and shipment
- Any product certifications and business legal documents you need
- From the proposals submitted by the manufacturers, pick at least five or three manufacturers to supply your air bike needs.
- Ask for a sample air bike from the manufacturer.
- If you can, test the air bike yourself. Or, if not, you can hire a third party to do that for you.
- If you need to, you can arrange a factory visit from the manufacturer.
- Pick the manufacturer that produces the air bike closest to your specifications and whose terms of sale is more favorable for you.
- Finalize the purchase or contract with your manufacturer.
- Facilitate the shipping and import/export of your air bikes.
- Make sure you have your storage facility ready for your air bikes when it’s delivered.
7. Who are the leading manufacturers of air bikes in China?
If you don’t have time to look for and verify potential air bike suppliers, you can use this list of the top fitness equipment manufacturers in China.
Figure 4: China’s leading air bike manufacturers ranked
Figure 5: Impulse Group
Based in Qingdao, Shandong province, Impulse has started out to be an OEM manufacturer. Now, it is an independent famous gym equipment manufacturer that exports to the US, Germany, UK, Spain, Japan, Australia, Japan, and Russia.
Shua Sports Co Ltd
Figure 6: Shua Sports
It’s one of the few manufacturers in China that passed the ISO certifications for International Quality System and Environmental Management Certification. Shua’s sports goods and fitness equipment are exported mainly to Europe, America, and Southeast Asia.
Figure 7: good family
The company with the business name Shenzhen Family Enterprise Co. LTD produces exercise bikes, treadmills, strength equipment and other gym equipment. It also has passed the ISO and OHSAS certification process for quality, environmental and occupational health.
Eastern Yanre Fitness Equipment Co., Ltd.
Figure 8: Yanre Fitness
Yanre is an international gym equipment manufacturer based in Beijing. It has a 37,000 square meter factory in Wuhu and has invested heavily in the technology development of its cardio and strength equipment products.
WNQ Fitness Co. LTD
Figure 9: WNQ Fitness
WNQ has established more than hundreds of chain stores and distribution outlets of fitness and gym equipment since it started in 1989. It also exports to the USA, India, Italy, Turkey, and the UK.
Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd
Figure 10: Johnson Health Tech
The multinational company has its headquarters in Taiwan. Its R&D centers and factories are scattered in North America, Shanghai, and Taiwan. Its high-quality fitness equipment is being sold in over 60 countries.
Shanxi Orient Fitness & Health Co, Ltd
Figure 11: The Orient
The Orient is one of the first Chinese gym equipment manufacturers to garner recognition worldwide. Its factories supply fitness equipment for China’s National Fitness Programs, General Administration of Sport of China, and its Tiangong 1 Chinese space laboratory.
Shandong Huixiang Fitness Equipment Co, Ltd
Figure 12: Huixiang
Huixiang owns a huge portion of domestic sales for its gym equipment production. It specializes in producing motorized treadmills and exports ODM/OEM gym equipment to Southeast Asia, Europe, and the USA.
Nantong Ironman Sporting Industrial Co., Ltd
Figure 13: Ironmaster
The Ironman or Ironmaster manufactures treadmills, rowing machines, exercise bikes, steppers, weight benches, and home gym equipment in their 60,00 square meters facility.
Jiangsu Kangliyuan Fitness Equipment Co. Ltd
Figure 14: Jiangsu
The company has been producing sports gears and fitness equipment since 1995. It manufactures more than 100 patented gym equipment and supplies more than 1 million fitness gears annually.
8. How do I find a credible manufacturer of air bikes in China?
You have many options where to get leads for a Chinese air bike manufacturer.
- Go to the nearest Small Business Development Center or SCORE office. They can refer you to Chinese manufacturers who import goods to your county or state.
- Your trade association can also give you a list of potential air bike manufacturers in China.
- Ask your business associates, partners, colleagues and even friends. You can also ask them to refer you to a trustworthy middleman or sourcing agency to find you an air bike manufacturer.
They can also give you advice and feedback on how you get your business done with Chinese manufacturers.
- Your local chamber of commerce can also give you a list of manufacturers to choose from.
- Another quick solution is going online and search in Google and social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. However, keep in mind that there are a lot of scammers and fraudulent entities on the internet. So be vigilant.
- Sign up for a Chinese B2B marketplace like Alibaba or Global Sources. You will find thousands of Chinese manufacturers there.
Figure 15: Sourcing air bikes in China using Alibaba
You should note that B2B marketplaces like Alibaba or Global Sources also cater to the middlemen (wholesalers, distributors, and trading companies). You have to do more digging if you only want to deal with manufacturers of air bikes in China.
- Attend trade shows for health and fitness. When attending trade shows domestically, choose those that will attract foreign companies like Chinese manufacturers. Or you may also go to trade shows held in China.
- Hire a sourcing agency that can help you find a Chinese air bike manufacturer. Be sure that this sourcing agency has a wide network of manufacturers, and they understand how to operate within your area and in China.
Also, choose a sourcing agency that has experience finding products or manufacturers similar to air bikes.
However you find an air bike manufacturer in China, always be diligent in verifying facts about them.
9. How do I verify manufacturers of air bikes in China?
There are three phases in verifying air bike manufacturers in China.
- Background Check
- Face to Face meeting
- Factory Visits
10. How do I do a background check for the Chinese air bike manufacturer?
Do these steps to perform a thorough background check on your potential air bike Chinese manufacturer.
Use the Internet Efficiently
In your initial screening, search the company name on Google. Use keywords like “Company name” + scam or just the company name itself.
Read through the articles and blog. If there are no negative reviews and complaints about the Chinese manufacturer, then that’s great.
Cross-check company information on the NECIPS
Ask the manufacturer for their business license number and check the Chinese National Enterprise Credit Information Publicity System database.
Figure 16: NECIPS website address and details
Here you can get comprehensive information about the company’s:
- Establishment date
- Registration Authority
- Company type
- Operational license and business scope
- Registered capital
- Legal address
- Permits and product quality inspection results
- Trademark registration
- Company dissolutions
- Frozen assets
- And names of shareholders, subsidiaries, and individuals appointed in corporate functions
- Administrative certifications
- Administrative penalties
- Operational irregularities – This means the company is on the watchlist. It also explains the reason why it’s being flagged by the Chinese government.
- List of untrustworthy entities – This is the blacklist page of the Chinese government.
It has details on when, why, and what specific blacklist category is the company included. It can also indicate when and why the company is removed from the blacklist.
B2B websites cross-checking
Figure 17: Some of the B2B websites you can use for cross-checking
Use various online directories to confirm the information listed on the company’s profile like business location, phone, etc.
If you look into different B2B websites and there are inconsistencies in the information provided on each site, it’s a cause for concern. And you better crash that company out from your Chinese air bike manufacturer leads list.
When sending your RFQ (Request for Quotation) to the manufacturer, ask for any previous and current clients they may have.
You can make calls and ask about the company’s:
- Manner of engaging business with the clients.
- How is the quality of their air bikes?
- Do they deliver on time?
- Was there any litigation involved while doing business with the manufacturer?
- How do they handle complaints about their products?
- How do they handle delays in their deliveries?
- Are they flexible with payment terms?
- And you can also ask their client about the longevity of their business engagement with the manufacturer.
For the prospect Chinese air bike manufacturers that have passed the initial screening and give favorable terms for your air bike needs, you can go on and ask for a sample air bike from them.
11. How do I test the air bike from Chinese manufacturers?
Use these onsite tests to confirm the air bike’s quality:
- Torque check for bolts and nuts
- Assembly and full function check
- Riding test
- Fatigue test
- Label rub tests
- Printing and logo adhesive test
- Coating cross-hatch test
- Resistance system check
Below are the guidelines on how to perform these checks.
Use the standard torque wrench to perform tests on the tightness of the nuts and bolts of the air bike. Since there are hundreds of bolts in an air bike, you can choose to only test the most critical ones:
- Crank bolts – secures the crank to the axel
- Disc caliper bolts – attaches the caliper to the frame
- Fan bolts – the one that secures the fan assembly to the rest of the frame
Figure 18: Torque test on air bikes
Assemble and Full Function Check
- Drive system assembly
- Seat adjustments
- Handlebar adjustments
- Console operation (on/off, modes and measurement)
- Metrics display on the console
When doing a test ride on the air bike sample, notice the following:
- Can you fix your feet easily and securely on the pedals?
- Does it give a smooth ride?
- Does the resistance increase or decrease when you speed up or slow down the pedaling?
- Can you properly adjust yourself on the bike – maintain a proper posture while using it?
- Does the console work?
- Does it display the right metrics?
- Perform this riding test in a quiet room to check if you can hear sounds that should not be there.
The fatigue test will determine how durable the air bike is. Subject it to hours of riding every day. You can ask for someone to perform the task for you.
You should be able to know how much stress it can stand.
To make this test more meaningful, record these riding metrics each time you do the fatigue test.
- Hours used
- Distance traveled
- Speed range
These details are valuable when checking the performance of the bike. It may be that the air bike performs very good at a few hundred hours of usage but gradually lose it.
Label Rub Tests
Do this to perform the label rub test:
- Soak two washcloths, one in water and the other in alcohol.
- Alternately rub the soaked cloths on the label, 15 seconds each.
- Do this for at least 5 minutes.
- Observe if parts of the air bike’s label come off or are peeling off.
- It is more convenient to get a before and after shot of the labels to compare them accurately.
Figure 19: Rub test on labels
Proper safety and legal labels are very important. Most large importers of air bikes like the US, UK, EU, and Australia won’t allow products with improper labels.
Long-lasting labels are crucial, especially if you want to retail, wholesale or distribute the air bikes. Your clients won’t buy them if the labels come off after some time in storage.
While a rub test focuses on the manufacturer’s labels, the adhesive test will check the printed logos (if you asked the manufacturer to print your company’s logo on the air bikes).
- Buy a 3M adhesive tape.
- Apply it to the logo at a 45-degree angle.
- Then quickly remove the tape.
- The logo should not come off that easily.
Cross-hatch tests inspect the coating of air bikes. Discoloration and pigmentation are always expected, but they should happen after years of usage. And not before it is sold to your clients.
Figure 20: Cross-hatch test on coatings and finishings
Do the following to perform the cross-hatch test.
- Prepare an adhesive tape and a razor blade or knife for this test.
- Draw a 20mm x 20mm square on a blemish-free area of the air bike.
- Use the blade to cut 11 horizontal and 11 vertical lines within the square drawn. The cut should penetrate the coating of the air bike.
- Wipe off the cut surface of any particles. You can use wet tissue to clean the area meticulously.
- Now, tape over the area. Quickly remove the tape.
- There should only be less than 5 percent (or no more than five squares) that peels off the area.
This is a standard test outlined in the ASTM D3359-17 Standard methods for Rating Adhesion by Tape Test.
For more details on how to do a cross-hatch test, please see this video:
Resistance System Check
The resistance system check for air bikes is very simple to perform:
- Ride on the bike at your normal pace.
- Gradually increase your speed.
- As you increase the speed, you should notice that the faster you bike, the harder it is to pedal and vice versa.
- That resistance or difficulty to pedal should not waiver no matter how fast you try to rotate the pedal.
Air bike resistance comes from the air that the fan creates. By principle, the more you pedal, the larger the volume of air the fan has to churn. As a result, it gets difficult to pedal the faster you ride.
12. Are there international regulations for importing air bikes from China?
International compliances and regulations will depend on the country you’re importing the air bikes into. Here are the regulations for some of the largest importers of air bikes from China.
Figure 21: Main Areas of Compliances International Trading is focused on
- Regulatory requirements under category IOG 890.5370 of 21 CFR 890 of the FDA.
- Registration of the importer on the Title 21 CFR Part 807 of the FDA
- Record and compliant files requirement of the GMP.
- Lab testing results from an authorized testing agency (Intertek, SGS, TUV)
- CA Prop 65 when importing fitness equipment to the state of California.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations for Country of Origin labels.
- Packaging and labeling requirements as set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- EN 957-10 for the safety requirements and test methods of stationary bikes.
- Importers’ self-issue risk assessment for the fitness equipment as part of GPSD (General Product Safety Directive) documentation by the EU.
The risk assessment will include:
- Identification of potential hazards
- Potential harm description
- The severity of the potential harm
- Probability of the harm
- Risk level
- Action to the risk
- GPSD testing is not mandatory, but it has been accustomed by fitness equipment importers to pay for a third-party GPSD testing to prove the equipment’s safety.
- Machinery Directive compliances for machines that need effort other than human to utilize the fitness equipment. This applies to air bikes that are AC adapter ready or work on batteries.
- Air bikes whose parts or all of them need a power source or are battery-operated needs to comply with the electrical safety and EMC regulations. Here are some of them:
- EMC Directive
- RoHS Directive
- Low Voltage Directive
- Radio Equipment Directive – for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled air bikes
- Provide a Declaration of Conformity (DoC) supported by relevant certifications and test results. Here are the contents of the DoC:
- Name of company
- Its address
- Product name
- Production date
- List of applicable standards (EN 957- 10, Machinery Directive, etc.)
- Signatory details
- Technical documentation of the product will include:
- Bill of materials (all components for the air bike)
- Packaging files
- Label files
- Design drawings
- List of applicable standards and directives (Radio Equipment directive)
- QC reports
- Test reports
- Risk assessment
- Lab testing results for substances in the SVHC list (Substances of Very High Concern) of REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals). Get details of REACH lab testing guidelines here.
- Comply with packaging requirements as set by Directive 94/62/IEC.
13. What are the costs involved in importing air bikes from China?
Like the compliance and regulations, import duties and fees will depend on the country you’re importing the air bike into.
Figure 22: Sample calculation of the total cost of importing products from China
- UK – 2% of the purchased price of the air bike (duty fee) + 20% of the total of UK duty fee, shipping cost and price of the air bike. This calculation is based on the UK Global Tariff Online.
- USA – 4.6% of the purchased price of the air bike (duty fee)
- Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF)
Import goods less than $2,500 – US$2, 6 or 9 per shipment, and over $2,500 – 0.3464% of the goods’ value. MPF minimum and maximum ($25 and $485)
- Harbor Maintenance Fee (HMF) – 0.125% of the cargo value
- Australia — Goods and Services Tax (GST) – 10% of the purchase price of the air bikes converted to AUS by the Australian customs.
— Import Processing Charge –for goods with more than AU$1,000 of value. You can get your exact import processing fee here.
- Canada — taxes will be based on the state where your company or business (the importer) is located. You may pay a combination of these taxes:
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
- Provincial Sales Tax (PST).
To estimate duty and taxes, refer to this Canada Border Services Duty and Taxes Calculator.
- EU – Custom duty rate depending on product classification and EU state destination. Use this link for tariff rate calculation. Use HS code 95069110 for air bikes.
- Value Added Tax (VAT). Use this to check the VAT per EU member states.
14. What is the timeline from ordering to delivery of air bikes in China?
Below are the estimated lead times for shipment of your air bikes from China.
- Regular post – 1 to 2 weeks
- Air express freight – 3 days
- Airfreight – 8 to 10 days
- Ocean freight – 30 to 40 days
The estimated timelines above do not consider the production timelines of the Chinese air bike manufacturer.
15. Do I need to have an export license to purchase air bikes from China?
Yes, you need an export license if you want to facilitate the exporting of your air bikes yourself. However, your chosen forwarders and shippers may hold an export license so you don’t need to get it.
If not, you need to pay an additional cost for appointing an FTC or Federal Trade Company to handle the export of your air bikes.
16. Is a license required to import air bikes from China?
For countries like the US, Australia, and the UK, you don’t need an import license to bring your air bikes to these countries.
However, you need an import license to import goods to Canada.
17. Can I customize the air bike I purchase from China?
Yes, manufacturers in China like Yanre Fitness can customize parts of your air bikes. The cost will depend on the degree and type of customization you want to be done. Just provide them with the details, and they will make it happen.
18. Can I imprint my logo on air bikes purchase from China?
Yes, Yanre Fitness allows for your company’s logo to be imprinted on your purchased air bikes. Make sure to include this option when writing your RFQ to Yanre Fitness.
19. How do I pay for the air bikes purchased in China?
Most Chinese manufacturers and suppliers accept payments through:
- Telegraphic Transfer (T/T)
- Letter of Credit (L/C)
- Alibaba Trade Assurance
- Neat.hk Multi-Currency accounts
As promised, you’ve got the whole enchilada of how and what to look out for when purchasing air bikes from China. Now, you are ready to find your Chinese air bike manufacturer.
To save your time and energy, why not try sourcing your air bikes from Yanre Fitness. The company has been in the business for decades to understand your air bike needs.
Just call us up, and we will be happy to give you a quote for the air bike best suited for your business.