Looking for a reliable yoga mat manufacturer? You might have had a hard time finding one. Or your current yoga mat manufacturer isn’t just right for your business.
The solution is finding the yoga mat manufacturer that complements your business structure. At the same time, one that offers a high-quality yoga mat at the most competitive possible price.
We have compiled a list of the tried and tested yoga mat manufacturers after reviewing feedback from hundreds of their clients. We will also help you find the best one that will suit your business needs.
So, let’s get on with it. Shall we?
Table of Contents
- Analyze Your Business
- What Kind of Business Do You Do?
- Types Of Distribution Channels
- How Do You Do Your Business?
- Types of Business Models
- Know Your Product
- Types of Yoga Mats Manufacturers Produce
- Understand Your Market
- Yoga Mat Statistics
- Who will purchase the yoga mats?
- Why will they buy the yoga mats?
- When will people buy yoga mats?
- Yoga Mat Peak Seasons
- Top Yoga Mat Manufacturers’ Geographic Location
- International and Domestic Best Yoga Mat Manufacturers
- What are your options for international yoga mat manufacturers?
- Top Yoga Mat Exporters in China
- Domestic Yoga Mat Manufacturer
- Leading Domestic Yoga Mat Manufacturers
Analyze Your Business
Before jumping into the list of the best yoga mat manufacturers, first understand your market and your company’s specific requirements for a yoga mat manufacturer.
The type of business you do and your plan to scale it will have impacts on the yoga manufacturer you need for your business venture. This is the most fundamental information you need to know first before diving into the sourcing phase.
What Kind of Business Do You Do?
How your business fits into the distribution channel would impact the kind of yoga mat manufacturer you need for your business. Let’s drill down each distribution channel type and the characteristics of the yoga mat manufacturer it needs.
Types Of Distribution Channels
Figure 2: Types of Distribution Channels
As a distributor, you normally act as a representative to the manufacturer. You handle not only the distribution of the orders but also the marketing, managing of complaints, returns, and sometimes even sourcing for appropriate retailers that can market and suits the brand of the yoga mat.
With this, you have to find a manufacturer that is:
- Ideal for a long-term business relationship
- Open to training you and your team in learning the features, benefits, manufacturing process, quality control, and quality assurance procedures of the yoga mats they sell.
- Willing to help you understand the marketing points of the yoga mats they produce.
- Willing to make a joint sales call effort. This is when the manufacturer’s team and yours collaborate to create a unified marketing approach. Joint sales efforts are helpful so you understand how the brand and the product are conveyed to meet the needs of its intended consumers.
- Adept and ready to take action when issues in the quality of the yoga mat arise.
- Has a quick and efficient procedure in handling returns from your end.
- Able to produce the volume of yoga mats you need to fulfill your client’s orders.
- Capable of increasing their production output to meet peak demands of the yoga mats as well as keep up if there is a steady rise in demand from the market.
- Well prepared to offset production requirements when there are anticipated long interruptions in operations (e.g., Holidays, Holy Week, etc.)
- Since the yoga mat manufacturer will be your long-term ally in the business, it should embody most of all the vision, mission, and ethics your company upholds.
Also, a worthy thing to note: Some yoga mat manufacturers will need to ask for the exclusivity of your distributorship services. That means the only yoga mats you can distribute are the ones the manufacturer produced. You cannot engage in the distribution of yoga mats from other manufacturers.
Don’t ever forget to ask this important detail early on in your engagement with the manufacturer. And contemplate if your company can afford this restriction.
Wholesalers are sometimes interchangeably mistaken as distributors. However, the functions and nature of business are quite different. They are only similar in a way because both types of businesses purchase from manufacturers in bulk.
Wholesalers are usually free and independent merchants. If you are a wholesaler, exclusivity agreements are not your problem. You won’t even have to worry about marketing strategies and return policies.
Your only goal is to sell the yoga mats of the manufacturer to retailers or consumers.
If you are a wholesaler, you need to find yoga mat manufacturers that:
- Can give you a variety of yoga mats. You have got to have a yoga mat for almost every client you got. Diversity is the key to being a successful wholesaler.
- Willing to give you an unchanging discounted price even when your order volumes change as long as you meet their minimum order quantity.
- Can offer you prices that will work well with your retailers and consumers after adding in your mark-up, logistics, and overheads.
- Already have a good reputation in the market. It’s not enough that the manufacturer got yoga mats to sell. Their brand has to stand out too from all the rest.
Remember, wholesalers don’t have the marketing resources distributors are afforded of. And with the variety of products and manufacturers you have, you don’t have the time to strategize a marketing plan for all of them.
- Or if the name of the manufacturer or yoga mats is not as marketable, you’ve got to find a yoga mat manufacturer that produces premium quality yoga mats at the lowest price possible. Retailers tend to be repeat clients when the feedback from the yoga mats you sell is excellent and at an affordable price too.
Manufacturers rarely engage business with retailers because of the low order volumes. But some do agree to sell in lesser quantities. These manufacturers are mostly from overseas. You can take advantage of this if you have a sports goods store or you’re running a fitness center.
When you’re a retailer, find yoga mat manufacturers that:
- Has lower minimum order quantities. Quantities that you can manage to retail or dispose of faster in your store.
- Can facilitate the logistics of the yoga mats from the country of origin to your location. Overseas export and import duties plus other charges might be too much for you. Some manufacturers bundle up all the orders in one shipment to save costs. You can take advantage of this.
- Can meet timely deliveries. Quick turnaround times lessen your inventory which translates to cash savings on your part.
- Listen to your inputs. Wise manufacturers understand your role as the representative of the end-users of the yoga mats. Since you mostly engage with consumers, you understand what features they value more than others. And what makes them buy your yoga mats.
- View you as a partner and not just another client to deal with. Manufacturers that see you as their partner will see to it that they take care of your needs as their retailer. You can get feedback from their past and current clients about this.
How Do You Do Your Business?
It’s not just the nature of your business but also how you do it that must be matched with your chosen yoga mat manufacturer. The manufacturer must have systems or procedures in place that enable you to only worry about receiving and selling the yoga mats.
Types of Business Models
Figure 3: Understanding your business model
If you mainly do your business online, knowledge of the specifications and limitations of the yoga mats you sell is a must. Consumers and clients rely on this information to be able to decide if it’s the type of yoga mat they really need.
They might also inquire about the specifics of the yoga mats, so you better be well informed of the products you sell online. Unresponsive or vague answers that don’t satisfy the consumer’s inquiry would lead to a potential loss of sale.
If you’re doing your business online, find a manufacturer that will be willing to give you all the information you need about the yoga mats they produce. They also need to provide you with basic marketing ideas on how they want their products to be conveyed to the public.
All this information would greatly help in marketing and selling the yoga mats you purchase from the manufacturer.
Fitness shops/ Physical Store
If you have a physical store, you will need a manufacturer that delivers on time and offer good quality yoga mats.
Physical stores run the risk of inventory costs and its management when deliveries are not made on time. Also, you’re laying your store’s name on the line when you’ve got poor-quality yoga mats on the shelves.
Buyers don’t care about the label that’s on the products or the name of its manufacturer. They only remember where they bought it. So, find manufacturers that make good quality yoga mats. They don’t need to be of the highest quality of fibers but durable enough to last for years.
Anyone in the retail or wholesale industry understands a dropshipping business model.
For those who don’t yet know, dropshipping is a new kind of distribution medium where the vendor doesn’t need a warehouse to store goods. Instead, the manufacturer holds the product until the retailer or wholesaler makes a sale.
When someone purchases the yoga mat from the vendor, the information of the sale (quantity, product description, and shipment details of the purchaser) are relayed to the manufacturer. The manufacturer then prepares the desired yoga mat according to the sales instructions and delivers it straight to the purchaser.
When you are using the dropshipping distribution method, you should find manufacturers that already have clients in your location or market.
Dropshipping only works for manufacturers if they can send bulk quantities in one go. If they will only serve one customer of yours at a time, it would be costly for them to pay duties and shipment every time.
If your business structure necessitates a storage facility, you might want to look for manufacturers that are flexible enough to meet peak demands and can lower their minimum order quantities at low seasons.
This is because you can’t afford to hold too much inventory when the demand for the yoga mats is at its lowest. Consequently, they must be able to keep up with the peak seasons and deliver you the volume you need to satisfy the demands of your clients.
Look for manufacturers that can increase their production of yoga mats when there is a progressive increase in market demands. And also, they must be able to handle returns and take swift action to replace the rejected yoga mats.
Now you’ve got a better idea of the character of your business and the characteristics of the manufacturer you need for it. The next step is to be familiar with the yoga mats that are available in the market.
Know Your Product
When you’re not familiar with the product you sell, chances are you’ll lose clients just because you don’t know how to sell them.
Figure 3: Yoga Mats at a Glance
Types of Yoga Mats Manufacturers Produce
Yoga mats are usually classified according to the material they are made of. There are more than 20 of them in the market but we will just cover those that have the strongest demands.
- Natural rubber yoga mat
- PVC yoga mat
- TPE yoga mat
- NBR yoga mat
- EVA yoga mat
- PU yoga mat
- Jute yoga mat
- Cork yoga mat
It’s the properties of each material that gives the unique features of the yoga mats. We will give you a quick rundown of the highlights of each material type.
Natural Rubber Yoga Mats
These yoga mats are very sustainable and eco-friendly.
Natural rubber yoga mats are the first two types of yoga mats that were introduced for the natural rubber yogis. They are non-toxic and decays naturally through time. Leaving no carbon footprint. This is the kind of yoga mat that serious yogi enthusiasts are itching for.
Figure 5: Natural Rubber Yoga Mat
Marketing features of natural rubber yoga mats:
- They are very durable and lasts for years.
- They have natural antimicrobial properties which keep them clean.
- They are made from a sustainable and biodegradable material which makes them attractive to serious yoga practitioners.
- They take time to dry when cleaned.
- They can be quite heavy which is good for the stability of yoga practitioners.
However, you’ve got to keep in mind that natural rubber has latex. And you can’t sell them to individuals or let your gym members that are allergic to latex use them.
PVC Yoga Mats
This is the most abundant and popular material of yoga mats in the market. That is because PVC yoga mats are the cheapest but still are very reliable.
High-density PVC yoga mats are much preferred by consumers because it lasts longer than the other types. Moreover, this is the type of PVC yoga mat used by the most popular brands of yoga mats.
Figure 6: PVC Yoga Mats
PVC yoga mat marketing features:
- They are very durable since they are made of synthetic fibers.
- They score high on comfort.
- They have very thick cushioning which makes them suitable for individuals that have sensitive joints upon pressure.
- They have non-skid coatings which give it a nice, firm grip.
- They are easy to clean.
- They are the cheapest yoga mat there is.
TPE Yoga Mat
TPE yoga mats are just like PVC yoga mats. They are both made from synthetic materials. However, TPE is more eco-friendly than PVC ones and they are also recyclable.
TPE is a material that is easily molded, extruded, and reused. That’s why it is a better alternative for PVC yoga mas. But can be a little pricier when compared to PVC.
Figure 7: TPE yoga mat by Yanre Fitness
TPE yoga mat marketing features:
- It’s as durable as PVC yoga mats.
- It’s non-toxic and does not smell like the PVC yoga mats.
- They have the rubbery characteristic of natural rubber yoga mats.
- It is lightweight, which is good for yoga travelers.
- They may be synthetic, but they are biodegradable.
- TPE yoga mats have the largest market potential among all types.
NBR yoga mats
NBR yoga mat is another synthetic type of yoga mat made out of a kind of synthetic rubber. It also has an affordable price compared to other types of yoga mats.
Be sure to find a manufacturer who makes NBR yoga mats without additives. Additives can cause NBR yoga mats to degrade easily.
Figure 8: NBR Yoga mats
NBR yoga mat marketing features:
- The material is naturally oil resistant which helps keep off fluids and sweat from getting deep inside the core of the yoga mat. It’s a natural hygienic material.
- It is also resistant to heat. That makes it suitable for sun-drying when it’s being cleaned.
- It has elastic properties just like rubber.
- It is very easy to clean since the stain, odors, and dirt does not seep into the yoga mat.
- It is also very comfortable and suitable for injury protection.
EVA Yoga Mat
Another synthetic material, EVA is lightweight and is very resistant to cracking. To give you an accurate example, it’s the same material used in the puzzle-like foams at the toy store.
Figure 9: EVA Yoga Mat
EVA yoga mat marketing features:
- It has a moisture-resistant property that keeps dust, liquids, and stain from getting inside the yoga material. This also makes it easier to clean than other yoga mats.
- EVA yoga mats have a soft texture and are quite elastic. So, they are suitable for your clients that are sensitive to rough yoga mat texture.
- It is most appropriate for customers that practice yoga occasionally. They can take advantage of its long-lasting features.
PU Yoga Mat
A kind of recyclable synthetic leather material, PU yoga mats are known to be quite as durable as natural rubber. And they have undoubtedly smoother textures than PVC yoga mats.
Figure 10: PU yoga mat
The marketing features PU yoga mats:
- PU yoga mats are quite durable just like its other synthetically made types of yoga mats.
- It has antimicrobial properties. A plus for any yoga practitioner.
- It’s apparently very grippy and can hold the individual tightly in extremely unstable yoga poses.
- It is also very easy to clean. A characteristic of most synthetic yoga mats.
Jute Yoga Mats
Jute is one of the most natural eco-friendly materials used for yoga mats. It is as durable as natural rubber and is also lightweight.
Jute fibers are most commonly found in the countries of the Southeast Asia region. So, pick a manufacturer that’s based in Asia for your jute yoga mats requirements. Closer proximity means lesser logistics and raw materials cost. This translates to a lower unit price for the jute yoga mat.
Figure 11: Jute yoga mat
Jute yoga mats marketing features:
- It’s made of firm fibers that give its durable characteristics.
- Usually made of two layers. One side is jute and the other side is PVC or PER which gives it its elastic and greater grip capabilities.
- It is eco-friendly but will take years before it finally degrades.
- It has anti-microbial properties, which is a bonus when your clients or customers sweat during their yoga sessions.
- It has a natural breathing quality which makes it perfect for intense yoga sessions that make clients perspire a lot. The jute yoga mat won’t make them feel too sticky and would allow air to pass through the mat.
Cork Yoga mats
If you’re thinking about your favorite wine’s cork? You’re right! This yoga mat is made of the very same material used in fabricating sophisticated wine caps.
Cork yoga mats are usually double-layered: one side is made of cork and the other is made of another non-slippery material usually natural rubber or TPE.
Figure 12: Cork yoga mat
Marketing features of cork yoga mats:
- They are best known for their firm grip and elastic properties.
- They are, of course, made of biodegradable and renewable material.
- They have an antibacterial surface which is great for any yoga enthusiast.
- They don’t need to be “break-in”.
- They are quite pleasant looking and can attract any of your buyers because of their simple yet elegant look.
Understanding the qualities of the material used by yoga mat manufacturers in their yoga mats would give you an edge in marketing them. Let this be your basis in picking out the right kind of yoga mats for your target market.
Understand Your Market
Market trends give valuable information for businesses on how to properly allocate resources and investments. This is your starting point to better analyze the best yoga mat manufacturer for your business.
Yoga Mat Statistics
From the latest released market growth development research of MarketsandMarkets, the global gross revenue for a yoga mat is valued is expected to grow from USD 11.7 billion in 2021 to USD 15.2 billion in 2026.
The COVID-19 pandemic has greatly influenced this growth and is made possible by the e-commerce distribution channels. According to Amazon, yoga mats are among the bestselling products in the e-commerce platform.
Yoga mat types that are currently rising in demand are:
- PVC yoga mats
- TPE yoga mats
- PU yoga mats
- Natural rubber yoga mats
These four have the highest potential growth in the yoga mat market forecasted until 2026. But the increase in preference for eco-friendly mats might drive consumers to choose biodegradable materials like TPE, natural rubber, cotton, jute, and others.
You can use this information to properly invest in the yoga mat manufacturer that can produce yoga mats made of materials that are forecasted to gain traction and growth in the next coming years.
Now, let’s move on to understanding the characteristics of your target market.
Any business has only one aim: To solve or give an answer to the issues of a group of people. And this is the only guiding principle you must abide by to understand how to better serve the needs for yoga mats in your specific target market.
When analyzing your target market, there are only three things you should ask:
- Who will purchase the yoga mats?
- Why will they buy the yoga mats?
- When will people buy yoga mats?
These three questions can give you the character, trend, and marketing strategy to be successful in getting the right yoga mat manufacturer for your new business venture.
Who will purchase the yoga mats?
This simple query gives you a clue as to the demographics of your target market. So, you have to make sure that the yoga manufacturer you partner with produces yoga mats that are to their liking.
Baseline demographic of yoga mat buyers:
- Mostly in the younger age group – between the ’20s and ’30s
- They are people who are health and fitness-oriented.
- They belong to the working class. Those that need to release some stress and want to achieve general flexibility and strength for their bodies.
- They mostly have extra income to attend yoga classes and purchase yoga apparel and accessories.
- They are the on-the-move type of people with an appreciation for art.
- They may also be serious yogis that seek meditative and spiritual development.
Aside from these market characteristics, there might be some others depending on the specific market you’re serving. Give this a thought to learn more about the unique characteristics of your consumers.
Why will they buy the yoga mats?
Generally, people would want yoga mats that are firm, comfortable, and gives a good grip to prevent slips. But the reasons why they buy a new yoga mat might be far and wide.
Here are some of the reasons why consumers buy new yoga mats.
- They may have just joined a yoga class and needs a yoga mat to use.
- They may have started doing yoga at home.
- They are looking for a cool or cute mat.
- The current mat is too slippery.
- The present one starts to smell.
- The existing mat has thinned, and this creates bruises and hotspots for the owner.
- It’s a new year, got to have a new mat.
- It’s a present for someone.
This sample list gives you a clue of what makes your market tick and spends some dollars for the yoga mat. It’s basically the reason why they are attracted to buying the yoga mat.
When will people buy yoga mats?
Yoga mats are like other commodities, they have their peak and dry seasons.
Knowing this will help you pick out the best yoga mat manufacturer that can deliver the maximum volume of your yoga mat requirements in peak seasons. And can offset this high volume into considerably lower ones during the off-peak seasons of yoga mats.
Yoga Mat Peak Seasons
- January & February – These are the months where everybody wants and tries to make changes in their lives after the daybreak of the new year. And most of these “new year’s resolutions” are all about taking better care of one’s health and wellness. Yoga is one of the popular avenues of doing that. So, you got to expect the volume of yoga mat purchasing is too high on these months.
- Summer months – Summer is another great season when everybody wants to enjoy the beach and show off their bodies. People are used to preparing for this even a few months before that. You have to prepare your inventory and orders not just during the summer season but a little before that.
- Late November and December – The “Holidays” is the gifting season and the months where everybody just wants to buy something for someone. Yoga mats are just a hot commodity along with other products.
When judging the best yoga mat manufacturer, you have to consider how they can help you with the volume of yoga mats you need for these expected high-demand seasons. Or else, you’ll lose a lot of potential revenue.
So far, you have a pretty good sense of the type of yoga mat manufacturer that would complement your business. And the kind of yoga mats you need for the people you intend to market them to. Now, you’re ready to look for your yoga mat manufacturer.
Top Yoga Mat Manufacturers’ Geographic Location
Pin Down Your Yoga Mat Manufacturer’s Location
The first thing you have to decide on is the location of your yoga mat manufacturer. Will it be easier for you to engage business with a domestic manufacturer? Or you are aiming to distribute and get premium quality yoga mats but at a much competitive price?
Whether you choose to source from a domestic or international manufacturer, there would be advantages and disadvantages to each choice. Below are the tabled pros and cons for using a domestic or overseas manufacturer.
|Domestic Manufacturer||Easier communication|
Higher labor standards
Positive perception of the market (mostly when targeting the US market)
Faster turnaround times
Reduced shipping costs
Better oversight of the yoga mat manufacturer
|High unit prices|
Geared only for small scale production
Stricter government regulations
Limited resources result in limited types of yoga mats
|International Manufacturer||Cheaper unit prices with qualities on par or above locally made yoga mats.|
Great variability to the choices of yoga mats
A large pool of yoga mat manufacturers to choose from
Easy to find
Higher volume capacity
Take advantage of the implemented incentives for international purchasers.
|More expensive shipping costs.|
Longer shipping and delivery times
The difficulty of oversight of the yoga mat manufacturer
Sometimes a third party QC might be a necessity to ensure the quality of the products
These are just some of the upsides and downsides of doing business with a local or overseas manufacturer. You might encounter other hurdles and enjoy other benefits as you develop your business relationship with the yoga mat manufacturer.
Now, let’s see your options for a yoga mat manufacturer.
International and Domestic Best Yoga Mat Manufacturers
International Yoga Mat Manufacturers
The international business scene can be quite daunting for those who have not yet made the venture. But actually, it’s pretty straightforward and can offer you a lot of business opportunities.
What are your options for international yoga mat manufacturers?
Yoga mat manufacturers are scattered around the globe, but two locations have them the most.
India is known to be the place of birth of yoga. That’s why it’s not surprising that people are attracted to buying yoga mats that are made from India. The place embodies the history of the discipline.
According to MarketsAndMarkets, India’s government has even taken initiatives to promote yoga and boost the yoga industry in the country and internationally.
Still, in the Asia Pacific, China accounts for the second largest market of yoga mats in 2020. It’s no surprise that the Chinese yoga mat industry is at its heyday considering it has to supply the yoga mat market locally and internationally.
Figure 13: Asia Pacific’s Yoga Mat market in 2020
The OEM industry in China for yoga mats is at its peak. It is further boosted by the government subsidy for the R&D of the country’s factories so they can compete in the international arena of yoga mat manufacturing.
Top Yoga Mat Exporters in China
China has been coined as the world’s factory and as such has exemplary companies that can even or outdo the playing field of the international yoga mat manufacturing industry.
Figure 14: China’s major export destinations in 2017
Here are the top ten yoga mat exporters in China as of 2021.
Elysian Enterprise Co., LTD
Elysian has its headquarters in Miaoli, Taiwan. Established in 1992, the respected yoga mat manufacturer specialized in yoga mats, straps, blocks, and other yoga accessories.
Now, its yoga products are being displayed on the shelves of Walmart, Target, Decathlon, Tesco, Dick Sporting Goods, Macy’s, and Ross stores. These are all the popular sporting goods and retail outlets in the nation.
Dongguan Wanlixing Rubber Co. Ltd
Dongguan was established in 2006 and has its headquarters in Guangdong, China. The company owns a 10,000 sqm factory in the province and uses 28,000 yards of rubber foam roll daily.
The company has been producing all kinds of rubber mats including yoga mats. According to Dongguan, their products are compliant with RoHS, REACH, and SGS standards. These are European regulatory bodies for rubber yoga mats.
Shanghai Eastern Yanre Fitness Equipment Co., Ltd
Yanre has been manufacturing yoga mats and other accessories since the 1990s. With its aim to innovate its own gym equipment and accessories, the company has invested over 8 million USD in its R&D so far.
As of 2021, Yanre Fitness Equipment Co has over 21 product patents including their yoga mats and other accessories.
Some of the patented yoga equipment and accessories innovated by Yanre Fitness are the:
- YM01 TPE yoga mats
- YB01 yoga ball
- Sp01 suspension training belts
- MS01 Massage Sticks
- Various EVA foam rollers and yoga columns
Most companies produce yoga mats along with other products that are unrelated to health and fitness. Yanre Fitness is one of the few yoga mat manufacturers that are engaged in the fitness equipment industry. It gives the company a better understanding of the market’s needs for yoga mats.
With this, Yanre Fitness has been serving clients from all over the world including Australia, Japan, the USA, and many others.
Nanjing Skypro Rubber & Plastic Co. Ltd
Just like Dongguan, Nanjing also specializes in producing rubber-made products including yoga mats. They also produce natural rubber and NBR yoga mats.
Nanjing has over 30 production lines that can deliver their products up to 20 days after order confirmation. They also offer OEM services and can manufacture as per buyer’s specifications.
Changzhou Yangyuan Buffer Material Co. Ltd
Changzhou started as a plastic and rubber manufacturer in 2010 and later added yoga mats to their production line. They can produce EVA yoga mats, TPE yoga mats, and NBR yoga mats.
In Changzhou’s company profile, they divulge that their products have passed RoHS, PAHS, and REACH quality testing. The company also is ISO 9001 certified.
Shanghai Fitness Sourcing Inc.
Shanghai Fitness Sourcing has been established in 2007 and became one of the leading manufacturers of exported yoga mats.
All their products are SGS laboratory certified. Their yoga mats and other accessories have certifications from EN71, the US California proposition 65, and 6P for yoga mats. It has been exporting yoga mats to the US, UK, and selected parts of the EU.
Yang Fit Co., Limited
Yang Fit Co. Limited, similar to Yanre Fitness, is a well-known producer and exporter of fitness accessories, including yoga mats. Some of its more popular products include:
- Yoga mats and accessories
- Gym balls
- Foam rollers
- Free weights
- Sports balls
They export all of their products to North America and Europe. They offer OEM services but sell their products under their brand name, YangFit.
Yangzhou Chenhong Plastic & Rubber Products Co., Ltd
Yangzhou Chenhong is the manufacturer of the Chinese brand name of yoga mats, Chenhong. The company has been exporting yoga mats and other yoga accessories since 1996.
They are also ISO 9001 certified, and products passed the REACH standards. Chenhong sells 60% of its products locally, and the rest are exported to the US and some parts of Europe.
Ningbo Mylon Rubber & Plastic Co., Ltd.
Ningbo Mylon Rubber and Plastic carries the brand name Mylon, is a manufacturer and exporter of plastic and rubber products, including yoga mats. They produce natural rubber, TPE, PVC, EVA, and NBR yoga mats.
They have a 9,000 sqm state-of-the-art facility and export 90% of its product to Europe.
Microcell Composite Company
Microcell specializes in the manufacturing of products made with TPE. And so, their most priced yoga mats are TPE/PU and microfiber/TPE yoga mats. The company’s vision is to create yoga mats and other products that are PVC-free.
TPE is a composite material that is PVC-free, non-toxic, chloride-free, and lightweight. That’s why they are pouring much R&D to further develop TPE yoga mats.
Domestic Yoga Mat Manufacturer
Searching for a domestic yoga mat manufacturer online is your starting point. You can make use of online manufacturer directories to find some of them.
If you want to find yoga mat manufacturers in the United States, you can use Maker’s Row or ThomasNet. For Canadian suppliers and yoga mat manufacturers, find them in Scott’s Directories. And if you are only after UK-based yoga mat manufacturers, search them in Ukdirectory.co.uk.
You can also ask from your local chamber of commerce or local business organizations. In the US, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has got lists of all domestic manufacturers in your locality and in your state. They might also have records of manufacturers all over the country.
If you want to source your yoga mats from a UK factory, search them on the Department of International Trade’s website. Australia-based yoga mat manufacturers can be found in the Australian Trade and Investment Commissions.
Aside from these, you can go old school and ask around of good yoga mat manufacturers you’re your business colleagues and partners. They might know a local factory or know someone who can source them for you.
Figure 15: Yoga mat’s global market forecast by Region
Leading Domestic Yoga Mat Manufacturers
Manduka LLC (USA)
Manduka’s name is almost synonymous with yoga mats. The company started to manufacture yoga mats in 1997. Manduka was born out of the desperation of its founder, Peter Stereos, to have a yoga mat that can provide a firm grip and enough support.
Since then, Manduka has sold over 2 million yoga mats and has been exporting them to over 65 countries. The Manduka Pro Series is a coveted array of yoga mats that boasts sustainable materials and are made to last for years.
Liforme Ltd (UK)
The maker of one of the leading brands of yoga mats, Liforme yoga mats, Liforme Ltd has been in the business since 2009. The uniqueness of the Liforme yoga mats comes from their positioning markers that have been studied and carefully crafted for yogis to follow.
The Liforme yoga mats are being shipped to over 85 countries all over the world and to each state in the US. But as confirmed in one of Liforme’s feature blogs, these yoga mats are actually OEM made from China. A testament to the quality of China-made yoga mats.
Hugger Mugger Yoga Products LLC Inc (USA)
Considered the first company to launch a US-made tapas mat, Hugger Mugger made its debut as a yoga mat manufacturer in 1986. Its headquarters and factory are located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Being in the business for more than 25 years, Hugger Mugger has been known to innovate technically advanced yoga mats for yoga teachers and students.
JadeYoga Inc (USA)
JadeYoga was originally a company that makes and sells natural rubber rug pads to provide cushions and go under oriental rugs. It began to market natural rubber yoga mats in 2000 to solve the problem of slippery yoga mats used by yogis in the US.
JadeYoga mats are now available in over 50 countries. The company also manufactures and retails yoga blocks, towels, and other yoga accessories.
The Colorado-based company, Gaiam International, started in marketing health and wellness exercise videos until it ventured into manufacturing yoga mats and accessories in the late ’90s.
The Gaiam Print Premium mats are trusted brands of yoga mats in the yoga community. Its yoga mats are sold locally to retail stores such as Target, Macy’s, and Walmart and exported worldwide.
These are just some of the finest yoga mat manufacturers that you might have come across while searching online. Maybe one of them suits your needs for a yoga manufacturer.
If not, you can find other yoga mat manufacturers that would fit your company and provide you with the yoga mats for your intended market. Here’s what you got to do.
The best yoga mat manufacturer for your business is not necessarily the one with the most popular brand. It’s the manufacturer that can answer your business needs and complement your business structure.
Understanding the market, your business needs, and the product is the only way you can be successful in your next business venture.
It might be daunting for some to take on the challenge of engaging with an international manufacturer, but it can open up greater doors for you and your business.
So, if you are willing to take that calculated risk, explore the international yoga mat playing field. You might be well rewarded when engaging with highly skilled overseas yoga mat manufacturers like Yanre Fitness.