Your Best Barbell Manufacturer in China
- Patents & certificates: meet ISO20957 standard, over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents).
- All products are self-designed to provide a professional movement angle, which is acknowledged by many professional trainers.
- One of the best and reliable barbell suppliers and manufacturers for more than 4 decades.
- Chrome handle.
- The rubber encased coating is high-quality rubber, which reduces noise and protects floors and equipment.
- Soft-medium knurling for a more comfortable grip.
Products We Have for You
Showing all 9 results
Triceps Weight Bar$5.00
Triceps weight bar, TB01, is an accessory that resembles a combination of a dumbbell and a barbell. The triceps bar...
Hex Bar 72$5.00
This hex bar is a 72 inches bar that is designed to keep weight centered through the midline of the body, allowing ...
Hex Bar 56$5.00
This accessory features a hexagonal design that keeps weight equally distributed through the body’s midline a...
Olympic Swiss Bar$5.00
Pro-Safety squat bar$5.00
Pro-Safety squat bar, SSB02, is made with 3 comfortable pads to protect the user’s shoulders and arms from bein...
Safety squat bar$5.00
The deadlift bar, OB27PRO, has more whip allowing it to bend further before lifting the weight off the ground. This...
Squat Bar, OB32PRO, has knurling in its center to help grab the back of your shirt and keep it from sliding off the...
Yanre Fitness’ CB47 EZ bar is constructed of high-quality, thick solid steel with chrome finish features textured...
Over 95% clients choose to cooperate with Yanre Fitness, after visiting our factory and trying our commercial gym equipment personally.
Our gym equipment meet ISO 20957 standard, with over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development.
Olympic Barbell China – Definitive FAQ Guide
Are you looking to add Olympic barbells to your gym?
Do you want to understand the technicalities of an Olympic barbell?
Do you wish to import Olympic barbells from China in bulk?
Are you looking for commercial Olympic barbells at wholesale rates?
If your answer to these questions is yes, then you are at the right place!
Our experts have compared each aspect of the Olympic barbell to give you a sound understanding of them. We believe that our FAQ guide will help you in making the right decision to import Olympic Barbell from China.
Table of Contents
- What is an Olympic barbell?
- What is the difference between Olympic barbell and standard barbell?
- What are the different types of Olympic barbells?
- Should I buy free-weight Olympic barbells or fixed-weight ones?
- What is used for rotation in a barbell?
- Should I buy Olympic barbells with bushings or bearings?
- How many bearings do an Olympic barbell should have?
- Which sleeve design is best for an Olympic barbell?
- Do Olympic barbells have knurling on them?
- What are the different types of knurling that an Olympic barbell may have?
- Which parts of an Olympic barbell should have knurling?
- Should I check the tensile strength or the yield strength of the Olympic barbell?
- What should be the average tensile strength of an Olympic barbell?
- Is whip an important factor in determining the quality of an Olympic barbell?
- Does oxidation rate play an important role in determining the quality of Olympic barbells?
- What kind of finish does an Olympic barbell have?
- What is the average loadable sleeve length of an Olympic barbell?
- What is the average load-bearing capacity of an Olympic barbell?
- Do the Olympic barbells imported from China come with a rack?
- Do Olympic barbells imported from China come with collars?
- Do Olympic barbells imported from China come with weight plates?
- Which weight plates should I buy with Olympic barbells imported from China?
- Can I customize my logo on the Olympic barbell from China?
- What material is used to manufacture Olympic barbells in China?
- Where can I find quality Olympic barbells in China?
What is an Olympic barbell?
Olympic barbells are 5-7 feet long bars with weight-loading sleeves at both ends. Multiple exercises can be performed using them. Some of them include power lifts, deadlifts, hang clean, overhead press, and squats. Depending on the type of exercise, it targets multiple areas of the body.
Figure 1. Olympic barbell
What is the difference between Olympic barbell and standard barbell?
- Longer than a standard barbell
- Length: 7 feet
- Diameter: 25mm
- Bar Weight: 45lbs
- Weight capacity: 1500lbs
- Plates: only Olympic weight plates can be used
- Average price: $350
Figure 2. Olympic barbell
- Shorter than Olympic barbells
- Length: 5-6 feet
- Diameter: 50mm
- Bar Weight: 15-25lbs
- Weight capacity: 200lbs
- Plates: standard plates are generally used. However, Olympic plates can also be used using a special Olympic sleeve.
- Average price: $150
Figure 3. Standard Olympic Barbell
What are the different types of Olympic barbells?
Men’s Olympic barbell:
- Weight: 45lbs
- Length: 2.2m
- Diameter: 28mm
Figure 4. Men’s Olympic Barbell
Women’s Olympic barbell:
- Weight: 33lbs
- Length: 2.01m
- Diameter: 25mm
Figure 5. Women’s Olympic barbell
Youth’s Olympic barbell:
- Weight: 22lbs
Figure 6. Youth’s Olympic barbell
Should I buy free-weight Olympic barbells or fixed-weight ones?
For a commercial gym or distribution center, we recommend you buy free-weight Olympic barbells.
This option is usually available when you buy short Olympic barbells. Free weight allows the users to customize the weight according to their requirements. While fixed weight barbells can be used only by a specific group of people.
Therefore, in a commercial setting where you expect a diverse group of trainers, buying free-weight Olympic barbells is always a better option.
What is used for rotation in a barbell?
Bushing or bearing is used for rotation in the barbell.
They are present between the inner and outer sleeves of the barbell. They help in reducing friction and ensure smooth motion.
Bushings are simple rings made from bronze or brass.
Bearings are of three types: needle, ball, and thrust. Needle bearings are the best of all types.
Should I buy Olympic barbells with bushings or bearings?
We recommend you buy both varieties.
This is because, in a commercial gym or distribution center, you can expect all types of customers. And bushing barbells are used for different purposes as compared to bearing barbells.
Bushing barbells are used for powerlifting and bodybuilding. Bearing barbells are used for snatches and cleans. While some manufacturers use both needle bearings and bushings in a single barbell. It helps in improving the user experience.
How many bearings do an Olympic barbell should have?
An Olympic barbell should have 10 sets of bearings, 5 sets per sleeve. It ensures that the barbell has a smooth spin. Before buying an Olympic barbell, make sure that it is designed to meet the IMF standards.
The Olympic barbells by Yanre Fitness have 8 to 10 sets of bearings.
Which sleeve design is best for an Olympic barbell?
Snap ring or the end cap. Both are suitable options when it comes to the sleeve design of an Olympic barbell. The third type of sleeve design is hex bolt. It is used on low-quality barbells, hence not recommended.
Do Olympic barbells have knurling on them?
Yes, Olympic barbells have knurling on them. This knurling is at specific areas of the bar. It makes the bar easier to hold due to increased friction.
Olympic barbells that are used for deadlifting have deep knurling to improve grip. Olympic barbells that are used for Olympic lifts and CrossFit have no knurling in the middle. Besides, the barbells designed for powerlifting have knurling all over them.
What are the different types of knurling that an Olympic barbell may have?
- Diamond-shaped knurls with rounded tops.
- Less aggressive
- Difficult to hold.
- Worst of all types of knurls.
Figure 12: Hill knurling
- Diamond-shaped knurls with pointed tops.
- Aggressive pattern
- Commonly present on bars used for deadlifting.
- Excellent grip.
Figure 13. Mountain Knurling
- Sharp circle-shaped knurls.
- Optimal grip
- Best of all knurl types.
Figure 14. Volcano Knurling
Which parts of an Olympic barbell should have knurling?
The average length of an Olympic barbell is 131cm. Most of the bars have knurling except for 15cm space at both ends and two 5mm wide rings.
Should I check the tensile strength or the yield strength of the Olympic barbell?
You should check the tensile strength of the Olympic barbell to ensure its quality. These terms are a measure of the strength of the barbell.
Tensile strength gives an estimate of the maximum weight-bearing capacity of the barbell. It is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI).
Whereas yield strength tells about the weight that will cause the barbell to permanently bend and lose its shape. It is measured in pounds.
What should be the average tensile strength of an Olympic barbell?
Tensile strength of 190,000 PSI is the average tensile strength of an Olympic barbell.
Tensile strength is the maximum weight that a barbell can hold. It is a primary quality determining factor of a barbell. The higher the tensile strength the better it is.
Generally, a tensile strength greater than 200,000 PSI is considered best. However, a barbell with a tensile strength of 150,000 to 175,000 PSI is also considered good.
Is whip an important factor in determining the quality of an Olympic barbell?
Yes, the whip is a very important factor in determining the quality of an Olympic barbell. It allows the bar to absorb and return the energy and to flex under tension.
The whip is determined by the material and diameter of the barbell. Thinner barbells have more whip as compared to thicker ones. Moreover, the type of weight plates used with the barbell also influences its whip.
Does oxidation rate play an important role in determining the quality of Olympic barbells?
Yes, the oxidation rate is an important factor in determining the quality of the Olympic barbell.
The higher the oxidation rate, the lower will be the quality of the barbell because it will corrode more quickly. It depends on the type of steel and its coating.
Generally, bare steel and black oxide are less resistant to corrosion while stainless steel and zinc are comparatively more resistant to corrosion.
What kind of finish does an Olympic barbell have?
The finish of an Olympic barbell depends on the manufacturer, its quality, and hence its price. Finish determines how long the product will last. Getting a rust-resistant barbell should always be your priority. Other than that, the following are the different types of finish an Olympic barbell may have:
- Electronic coating
- Great corrosion resistance
Hard chrome finish:
- Must have deep knurling. Otherwise, it can be very slippery.
- Better corrosion resistance.
- Proper maintenance is required to keep them in good shape.
Black manganese phosphating:
- Better corrosion resistance as compared to black oxide.
- Gives a matte look to the bar.
- Very expensive
- Highest quality among all types of finish
- Strong grip and corrosion resistant
- Best suited for powerlifting
- Worst quality finish
- Very low whip
- Get corroded very quickly.
- Corrosion-resistant but requires proper maintenance.
- Nickel plating:
- Gets peeled and corroded quicker than hard chrome.
- Commonly used on low-quality bars.
- It is a colored ceramic.
- Expensive than other types of finish.
- Does not corrode quickly.
- Strong and long-lasting
- Lowest price
- Get corroded quickly.
- Best suited for deadlifts
What is the average loadable sleeve length of an Olympic barbell?
The average loadable sleeve length of an Olympic barbell is 16.3 inches.
This length determines how much weight can be put on the bar. However, it is also dependent on the type of weight plates being used. This is because steel weight plates have less diameter as compared to bumper plates, therefore many of them can be loaded on the bar at once.
Figure 15. Sleeve length of an Olympic Barbell
What is the average load-bearing capacity of an Olympic barbell?
The average load-bearing capacity of an Olympic barbell is 500lbs.
It is the total weight that can be loaded on the barbell sleeves. This capacity depends on the material, length, and diameter of the barbell. Make sure to ask your supplier about this capacity before importing them from China.
Do the Olympic barbells imported from China come with a rack?
No, Olympic barbells do not come with a rack. You must buy them separately. However, some companies offer great bundle deals where you can get both products at cheaper rates if combined. Yanre Fitness offers quality and affordable Olympic barbell rack.
Figure 16. Rack for Olympic Barbells
Do Olympic barbells imported from China come with collars?
No, we do not sell Olympic barbells with collars. Customers buy them separately according to their requirements. Yanre Fitness offers a wide range of affordable collars.
Figure 17. Collars used with Olympic barbells
Do Olympic barbells imported from China come with weight plates?
No, Olympic barbells do not come with weight plates. You must buy them separately. This is because the type of weight plates can differ according to the requirements of the customers. Besides, there is a high chance that you might already have weight plates in your commercial gym. If not, Yanre Fitness offers a wide variety of weight plates.
Which weight plates should I buy with Olympic barbells imported from China?
You should buy those weight plates that are compatible with your barbell. If you have a standard barbell, then buy standard weight plates. If you have an Olympic barbell, then buy Olympic weight plates.
Besides, the following are the different types of weight plates that you can use with Olympic barbell:
- Training weight plates
- Technique weight plates
- Competitive weight plates
- Bumper weight plates
- Tri-grip weight plates
- Steel/ iron weight plates
Yanre Fitness offers a wide range of weight plates. We are sure that you will find something that perfectly suits your requirements.
Can I customize my logo on the Olympic barbell from China?
Yes, you can get your logo printed on the Olympic barbell. Yanre Fitness offers great logo customization services. Please get in contact with our sales department to know more about this service.
What material is used to manufacture Olympic barbells in China?
- A3 Steel
- 45 steel
- Alloy steel
- Low-end spring steel
- High-end spring steel
Above are the raw materials that are used to manufacture Olympic barbells in china.
Where can I find quality Olympic barbells in China?
You can import the best quality commercial Olympic barbells from Yanre Fitness in China. We are among one of the top manufacturers of gym equipment and accessories in China. Our quality and affordable products are sure to increase the value of your commercial gym or distribution center.
We hope that after carefully reading this FAQ guide about Olympic barbells, you have all the necessary information that you were looking for. Now that you have all the important information regarding Olympic barbells, you must be ready to decide and import them from China.
Yanre fitness offers quality Olympic barbells at affordable prices. Please contact our sales department if you want to know more about the product or to place a custom order for Olympic barbells at wholesale rates.