Rubber Dumbbells Factory To Rocket Your Fitness Business
- Withstand long-term usage for your gym.
- Provide heavy duty equipment & accessories with top commercial quality.
- Meet your needs between price, quality, and brand.
- Uses premium quality materials.
- Design the equipments ergonomically for comfort and safety.
- Equipments are best use in resistance training.
- Undergoes strict and careful quality control to ensure safety of the user.
Products We Have for You
Showing 1–9 of 19 results
This adjustable dumbbell set, ADD-40, is adjustable with 17 levels of weight. Moreover, this set comprises embossed...
Urethane round head dumbbell (TPU)$4.00
This urethane round head dumbbell features a commercial quality stainless steel handle. It has an ergonomic design ...
Urethane 12-sided dumbbell (CPU)$5.00
Urethane 12-sided dumbbells are made from a commercial quality material mainly used in fitness centers or gyms. The...
Urethane Round Head Barbell Fixed Weight Curl$5.00
BSC001C is high-quality polyurethane resistant to impact, helping protect flooring and equipment against abrasion p...
Urethane round head barbell fixed weight straight$5.00
Yanre’s urethane round head barrel fixed weight straight barbell set is the perfect addition to any fitness facil...
Rubber round head barbell fixed weight curl$5.00
Yanre Fitness’ BSR001C rubber round head barbell fixed weight curl is designed of solid steel curled knurled ergo...
Rubber round head barbell fixed weight straight$5.00
Yanre’s BSR001S rubber round head barbell fixed weight straight is equipped with rubber encased coating is high-q...
Rubber Dumbbell Premium Quality$5.00
Rubber Dumbbell DBRH003 is designed with a solid steel handle that creates a sleek and clean look. The rubber-encas...
Neoprene dumbbell-STRAIGHT HANDLE$5.00
Neoprene dumbbells are designed with premium material. It gives users a gentle grip and protects them against callu...
Over 95% clients choose to cooperate with Yanre Fitness, after visiting our factory and trying our commercial gym equipment personally.
Our gym equipment meet ISO 20957 standard, with over 40 patents (Utility Model Patents & Appearance Design Patents)
For more than 20 years, Yanre Fitness invested over 8 million USD for technology development.
Rubber Dumbbells Manufacturer – Definitive FAQ Guide
Do you need rubber dumbbells for your gym or sporting goods store but don’t know where to source them out?
You have come to the right place.
This FAQ guide has all the details you need about rubber dumbbell manufacturers.
We will teach you how to search for your manufacturer and how to filter them. And other matters you have to know about rubber dumbbell manufacturers.
So, let’s get right into it.
Table of Contents
- Do rubber dumbbell manufacturers make only one type of commercial dumbbells?
- How do rubber dumbbell manufacturers design the handles for maximum grip?
- How do I search for rubber dumbbells manufacturers?
- Should I use a domestic or overseas rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- Where can I get a credible rubber dumbbell manufacturer overseas?
- Can I find a famous brand of rubber dumbbell manufacturer in China?
- How do I narrow down my list of rubber dumbbell manufacturers?
- How do I verify the credentials of the rubber dumbbell manufacturers?
- What should I include in the RFQ to my potential dumbbell manufacturers?
- What documents should I ask to be included in my RFQ to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- Do I have to send notice to the rubber dumbbell suppliers I have not picked as my dumbbell manufacturer?
- How do I ask for a product sample from my rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- What type of product sample should I request from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- What should I include in my sample request form to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- How do I check the quality of the sample from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- Can I request a factory visit to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- What should I inspect during a factory visit to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer’s facility?
- What should I do if I am unable to do a factory visit to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- Can I ask the rubber dumbbell manufacturer to imprint my company’s logo on the dumbbells?
- Can I avail of the wholesale price from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- How much would the dumbbells cost if I get them from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
- Will the rubber dumbbell manufacturer handle the export/import of the dumbbells?
Do rubber dumbbell manufacturers make only one type of commercial dumbbells?
Yes, there is only one kind of commercial dumbbell. That’s the fixed weight rubber dumbbells.
Fixed weight rubber dumbbells
These are rubber dumbbells that come in one solid piece. Fixed weight rubber dumbbells have welded weight heads. Some also have weight heads threaded and then press-fitted.
Figure 1: Fixed Weight Rubber Dumbbell by Yanre Fitness
They are very durable, stable, and don’t require any adjustment. That’s why it’s the most popular kind of rubber dumbbells in gyms and recreation areas.
Fixed weight dumbbells come in three different shapes:
- Round rubber dumbbells – The weight heads are circular. Gyms and recreation areas often use round rubber dumbbells.
Figure 2: Round Fixed Weight Rubber Dumbbell by Yanre Fitness
However, its round shape can cause accidents when it’s dropped and rolls on the floor. It is also its shape that makes it unsuitable for weight exercises that needs stability.
- Hex rubber dumbbells – Hex rubber dumbbells have weight heads in a hexagonal shape. The original hex rubber dumbbells have only seven sides, but now you may find some hex dumbbells with 8 to 12 sides.
Figure 3: Hex Fixed Weight Rubber Dumbbell by Yanre Fitness
The advantage of hex rubber dumbbells is that they can be used in stability exercises. And they are much safer because they don’t roll. However, the rubber coating on the edges of the sides may come off easily.
- Tribell rubber dumbbells – Tribell rubber dumbbells are studio dumbbells with three curved sides. Its shape makes it suitable for stability resistance exercises.
Figure 4: Tribell Fixed Weight Dumbbell
How do rubber dumbbell manufacturers design the handles for maximum grip?
There are three designs of handles rubber dumbbell manufacturers do:
- Fully knurled handle
- Partially knurled handle
- Arched partially knurled handle
- Padded handles
Fully knurled handle
Knurling is the process of adding tiny grooves to metal to give it maximum grip. A fully knurled handle has grooves throughout. This has the greatest grip of all types, but it can be uncomfortable for your amateur weight lifters.
Figure 5: Fully Knurled Handle
Arched handles are used in place of the knurling. This type of handle is good for beginners. However, there is a tendency they will slip if the user does sweat too much.
Figure 6: Arched Handle
With this type of handle, dumbbells are often covered with dumbbell grips. These dumbbell grips can be made of silicone, rubber, or polyurethane foam.
Figure 7: Dumbbell bar handle grip made of silicone
Figure 8: Polyurethane handle grips with knurling or grooving
Arched partially knurled handles
Partially knurled handles are given a little arch by rubber dumbbell manufacturers. That’s to give it a better grip and make it more user friendly for beginners. The arch helps in gripping and also is more ergonomic for users.
Figure 9: Arched partially knurled handle by Yanre Fitness
Padded handles are not only made for a nicer grip but also absorb the sweat in the handles. The pads can be made of rubber, urethane or rubber foam.
Figure 10: Rubber dumbbell with rubber hand grip
How do I search for rubber dumbbells manufacturers?
- Online Wholesale Marketplace
- Social Networks – LinkedIn and Facebook
- Local Chamber of commerce
- Trade Fairs
- Sourcing Agents
Online Wholesale Marketplace
Online wholesale marketplaces connect businesses. They link domestic and international rubber manufacturers to buyers around the globe. You will have lots of options when you use online wholesale marketplaces.
Figure 11: China’s Wholesale Marketplace Websites
But be aware that some of the companies here labelled as manufacturers may not be really one. They may only be trading rubber dumbbells. And are not involved in the manufacturing process.
Below are some of the online wholesale marketplaces you can check out:
- Made in China
- Global sources
- and many more…
To get a full list of other online wholesale marketplaces, visit this blog. https://sellerzen.com/online-b2b-marketplaces-alibaba-alternatives
Social Networks – LinkedIn and Facebook
Rubber dumbbell manufacturers use LinkedIn and Facebook for advertising their companies and products. That’s because they are very popular and free.
You can use these websites too to find your rubber dumbbell manufacturer. Just be aware that you may find fraudulent ones as you go on your search. So be vigilant.
Do a quick Google search to find your rubber dumbbell manufacturer. Just like using social networks, you may find scammers in your Google searches.
To filter the untrustworthy ones, do these fast checks:
- Search the name of the company in Google. Check the first ten pages if a bad review from previous clients comes up.
- Key in Google: Name of the company + scam or scammers.
If nothing bad comes up in these searches, you’re good to use these companies. They can be a candidate as your rubber dumbbell manufacturer.
Local Chamber of Commerce
Your local industry trade association has a list of all the rubber manufacturers in the area. You can use this list if you want to source your rubber manufacturer domestically.
Figure 12: Chamber of Commerce, Manhattan, NY, USA
Ask your trade bodies or business contact for a reliable dumbbell manufacturer. They might give you ones that fit your rubber dumbbell requirements.
You can also ask if your contacts can introduce you to a middleman. Or maybe they know a contact person you can rely on in finding you a rubber dumbbell manufacturer.
Trade fairs are the most reliable source of rubber dumbbell manufacturers. The organizers of the event have already screened the participating companies.
Figure 13: IWF Shanghai Fitness Expo 2020
You can also ask your questions and will get an answer right away. Most rubber dumbbell manufacturers will have a sample of their product at the trade fair.
You can have an initial check on it. Then, you can decide if their product is worthy enough to ask for a sample rubber dumbbell for testing.
Here are some of the trade fairs you can join:
- IWF Shanghai Fitness Expo
- Fitness Show -Sydney
- Sportec + Health & Fitness Japan
- Asian Sporting Goods Show
- FIBO China
To get the full list of trade shows from 2021 – 2023, check out this events list. https://www.eventseye.com/fairs/st1_trade-shows_fitness-wellness.html
Sourcing Company or Agent
Hire a sourcing company when you can’t find a local rubber dumbbell manufacturer. Sourcing agents will be your representative to dumbbell manufacturers from other areas. There are also sourcing agencies operating overseas if you want to import dumbbells.
Take note that when you hire a sourcing agency, that will be money from your pocket. You should add that cost to the overall cost or unit price of your rubber dumbbells.
Figure 14: How Sourcing Agencies Work
The sourcing company or agency can:
- Give you expert advice and support on all things with regards to procurement.
- Analyze your requirements for a rubber dumbbell supplier.
- Find the right rubber dumbbell manufacturer fit for your requirements.
- Minimize your risks from fraudulent suppliers and schemes.
- Perform factory audits and product sample testing.
- Professionally negotiate on your behalf.
- Follow up your order and arrange for payment and shipment.
- Help you build strong relationships with the dumbbell manufacturer and other companies.
To maximize your sourcing agency, make sure it has these qualities:
- Extensive experience and proven track record in sourcing credible manufacturers. They should also be experienced in factory audits, product quality testing and logistics.
- It has built networks. And has very good local knowledge of the factories of rubber dumbbells. This includes the procedures in sourcing rubber dumbbell manufacturers around the area.
- Knows a great deal about the gym equipment manufacturing industry. This is to better understand your rubber dumbbell manufacturer requirement.
- Has excellent communication skills and answers your queries promptly and politely.
- Has transparency in all things regarding your requirement for a rubber dumbbell manufacture. Will always keep you in the loop in every communication.
Should I use a domestic or overseas rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
Here are the pros and cons of sourcing rubber dumbbells domestically and abroad. This will help you decide on the geographical preference of rubber dumbbell manufacturers.
Domestic rubber dumbbell manufacturer
- Easier communication without the language barrier
- Faster shipping time and less cost of shipping
- Greater payment security
- Easier to verify manufacturers
- Higher manufacturing costs
- Limited product choice
- Less competitive prices
Overseas rubber dumbbell manufacturer
- Lower manufacturing cost
- More competitive prices
- More manufacturing companies to choose from
- More product choices
- Chance to customize your rubber dumbbell for a lesser price
- One-stop services make it easier to navigate suppliers
- Language barrier
- Verifying manufacturer may be a little difficult
- Longer shipping time and fees for import/export duties
You need to think about all these when choosing your rubber dumbbell manufacturer.
If you want to sell your rubber dumbbells, it would be better to get them at a lower price. You only need to be prompt in finalizing your manufacturer. And in getting your order ready for shipping.
Figure 15: Pros and Cons of Overseas Rubber Manufacturing or Outsourcing
Where can I get a credible rubber dumbbell manufacturer overseas?
China is the best place to search for your rubber dumbbell manufacturer overseas. Chinese manufacturers export their rubber dumbbells worldwide.
Figure 16: China’s growing manufacturing business
Countries Chinese dumbbell manufacturers export to:
- North America
- Southeast Asia
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
There are plenty of reputable and very experienced Chinese rubber dumbbell manufacturers. Some have been in the business for more than 35 years. And some are used by famous brands to manufacture OEM gym equipment.
One of these excellent rubber dumbbell manufacturers is Yanre Fitness. Yanre Fitness is producing self-designed gym equipment. It has over 40 patents for them. That includes their rubber dumbbells.
Figure 17: Premium Quality Rubber Dumbbell Export by Yanre Fitness
Can I find a famous brand of rubber dumbbell manufacturer in China?
Unfortunately, you can’t find these manufacturers. OEM manufacturers sign a Non-use, Non-disclosure, and Non-circumvention (NNN) agreement. This is because of patent and intellectual rights issues.
You may find that some Chinese rubber dumbbell manufacturers produce OEM products. But you’ll never know which brands are those.
How do I narrow down my list of rubber dumbbell manufacturers?
Filter your potential rubber dumbbell manufacturers by:
- Specialization – Find rubber dumbbell manufacturers that emphasize producing weight lifting equipment and machines. They can be doing other types of fitness equipment too. But still has a separate department whose focus is on weights alone.
As much as possible, stay away from manufacturers who also trade in a different industry. Often, you will get low quality rubber dumbbells from them.
- Ratings and Reviews – Get feedback from their previous and current clients.
Ask its clients on:
- How well does the dumbbell manufacturer handle business?
- How is the quality of their rubber dumbbells?
- Do they get mistakes on their delivery or shipment often?
- How long is their average production time?
- How quick are they to respond to problems in their products and other matters?
- Are they transparent enough in their correspondence and dealings with the client?
These are just some of the questions you must raise if you got a hold of their client list. You can usually see this client list on their websites. If not, it’s in their company profile.
Figure 18: Client Feedback build’s Trust
- Transparency in their documentations and certifications
A reliable and competent dumbbell manufacturer is transparent. They can give you authentic business and product certifications.
- Company profile
- Business license
- Tax registration
- Organization/Enterprise code
- Foreign trade registration
- Bank account certificates
- Audit reports
- Client references
- ISO certificates
Figure 19: Yanre Fitness Company Profile
- Product specifications
- Product test reports
- Product certificates
- Material safety data sheets
- Product patents, if any
- Other product quality certificates
- Experience in exporting to your country.
- By production scale
- By geography
Most rubber dumbbell manufacturers are located in only five provinces in China. These areas are called the industrial zones of China.
Figure 20: Locations of Manufacturing plants or factories in China
Be sure that your manufacturer is located in one of these provinces. This ensures you’ve got a legitimate and competent rubber dumbbell manufacturer.
How do I verify the credentials of the rubber dumbbell manufacturers?
Do these checks to verify the credentials of your Chinese rubber dumbbell manufacturer:
- Check the business license on the NECIPS website. http://www.gsxt.gov.cn This is the official database of the AIC. The regulating department of legal businesses in the country. You have to enter the 18-digit business registration number. And key in the business name in Chinese.
- Check the Chinese Supreme Court’s database for possible cases against the company.
- Check its ISO and OHSAS certificate in the CNCA’s certificates database. http://cx.cnca.cn/CertECloud/result/skipResultList
- For other certifications issued by an accredited certification agency, use this website. https://www.chinacheckup.com/blogs/articles/china-iso-certificate-search-website. Find the name of the certificate issuer and check it against its database.
- Check the product test reports given by these testing labs:
- VDE: http://www.vde.com/en/institute/onlineservice/vde-approved-products/pages/online-search.aspx
- TUV Rheinland: http://www.certipedia.com/search/companies_with_certified_products
- Intertek: http://www.intertek.com/business-assurance/certificate-validation/
- SGS: http://www.sgs.com/en/Our-Company/Certified-Client-Directories/Overview.aspx
To check the other credentials, search for the certificate-giving body’s name. And explore if there are certificate databases for it.
What should I include in the RFQ to my potential dumbbell manufacturers?
Details you should include in your RFQ to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer:
- Description of the rubber dumbbell and its specifications
- Product photo
- Incoterms (FOB, EXW, CNF, etc.)
- Required quantity of the rubber dumbbells
- Delivery requirements
- Product sample request process
- Product sample price
- Production price
- Production lead time
- Minimum order requirements
- Payment terms
- Proposed product testing method
- Timeline in decision and review
- Contract terms and conditions
- Submission requirements
Figure 21: Sample RFQ Form
When creating your RFQ, be sure to be specific, concise, and as clear as possible. That will eliminate the confusion. Especially that you already have a language barrier with your manufacturer.
Also, it’s a way of respecting their time to attend to your needs, a favorable business attitude.
What documents should I ask to be included in my RFQ to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
When sending an RFQ, require the manufacturer to send business and product documents. These are listed in question no. 7.
This will be one of your bases on deciding your rubber dumbbell manufacturer. So you need those details.
Do I have to send notice to the rubber dumbbell suppliers I have not picked as my dumbbell manufacturer?
Yes, you should send a letter of regret to those rubber dumbbell suppliers who did not make the cut.
This is a form of professional business courtesy. Your manufacturer has spent time preparing the documents and present their offer. The least you can do is give them the decency of informing them their offer was not selected.
How do I ask for a product sample from my rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
You can choose to do this by email or use the form the rubber dumbbell manufacturer will provide.
It would be better if you already inquired about this in your RFQ. That way, you save time for yourself and the rubber dumbbell manufacturer. Also, miscommunication would be avoided.
Yanre Fitness will be glad to send you a sample of our rubber dumbbells. Send us your requirements, and we will see to it you’ll have the rubber dumbbells you are asking for.
What type of product sample should I request from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
Four types of product samples you can request from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer:
- Factory samples
- Pre-production samples
- Production samples
- Batch samples
These are ready-made samples ready for shipment. Factory samples won’t give you the actual production time.
You can request this type of sample when your rubber dumbbells are customized. Using this scheme would save you and the supplier time and money. You both won’t be inconvenienced with a final product that did not meet your standards.
They are samples made after you requested them. This will give you the timeframe of the production. And also, how long will the rubber dumbbell be ready for shipment after it is fabricated.
These samples are very useful when your order comes in batches. A third-party inspection could verify if these samples were from the actual batch.
What should I include in my sample request form to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
Include these details in your product sample request:
- Exact specifications of the product. If you need to have a diagram or illustration, do so.
- Inform the rubber dumbbell manufacturer that you would test the product.
- Exact shipping address.
- Tell the rubber dumbbell manufacturer to label the sample “of no commercial value”. This will save you from export/import taxes.
- Request a name tag placed on the product with the model number and company name indicated.
- Ask for information on the production process and timeline of the sample.
- Set up for a phone call or teleconference if you need to clarify matters on your sample product request.
Figure 22: Product Sample Request Form
How do I check the quality of the sample from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
Use these simple parameters in doing a QA for the requested rubber dumbbell sample:
- Odor – When the sample arrives, it is expected to smell because of the coating.
So, store it in a place with proper ventilation and note how many days the rubbery smell wears off. This method will give you an idea of how long you should keep the rubber dumbbell in storage before you can put it out in your store or use it in your gym.
- Coating – Scratch the coating of the weight heads or plates. Try to drop the rubber dumbbells safely. On both occasions, check if the coating comes off or wears off.
- Weight heads – When you drop the rubber dumbbells, inspect if they moved even a little bit. Also, you should note if there are any chipping that resulted in it being dropped.
- Weight plates – Look if it’s fastened securely by the threads. Also, check if it moved when you drop the rubber dumbbells.
- Handles – Exercise with the rubber dumbbell. Notice if it slips as you sweat more during your use. Also, observe if the knurling makes you uncomfortable after some time.
If it has foam, see if it effectively absorbs sweat as you continue using the rubber dumbbells.
Can I request a factory visit to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
Yes, you can request a factory visit to the facility of the rubber dumbbell manufacturer.
Yanre Fitness urges you to come and visit our factory. However, factory visits are being limited at the moment. This is due to the restrictions imposed because of COVID-19 and to make you safe. However, we can make arrangements for a virtual factory visit if this suits you.
What should I inspect during a factory visit to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer’s facility?
- Factory Organization
- Factory Capacity
- Factory Working Conditions
- Production Equipment Availability
- Warehouse and Material Inventory
Figure 23: Yanre Fitness Factory in Wuhu, China
Observe how the assembly and production lines are arranged.
- Take notice if each fabrication line can get their resources quickly.
- If each fabrication line has a safe working space between each other.
- Are the partially assembled products stacked neatly?
- Are they organized in a way that the earliest batch gets lined to the next conveyor?
- Can the QA check every product without having to ruin the line?
When in the manufacturer’s facility, read their visual boards in the production department. You might see the factory’s target and actual production quantities per day, week, or month.
It would give you an idea if the manufacturer can deliver your dumbbell requirements.
Factory Working Conditions
Observe if the employees and the facility are working in a safe environment. Check if employees have adequate PPE’s. And also, if the factory has safety signs to safeguard both the people and equipment.
A safe work environment assures that no safety issues will disrupt their production. And it would not affect your timelines and projections.
Production Equipment Availability
Factory visits will confirm if the existing equipment and its quantity is adequate. So you need to have a good idea of what machines are needed to produce your rubber dumbbells in time.
Have some time to check the performance of the equipment by spot-checking the safety tags on it. It would tell you how often the equipment is maintained and broken down.
Warehouse and material availability
Checking the factory’s warehouse would give you an idea if they can house extra raw materials. They need to have ample space for the materials needed for your rubber dumbbells.
You can also ask how they are planning to source their additional raw materials. Is their raw supplier capable of providing this additional volume?
What should I do if I am unable to do a factory visit to the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
You can hire a third party factory audit team to do the factory visit for you.
Just be sure that the audit team you hire is capable of giving you objective and transparent reports. They should be experienced in factory audits. And know a great deal about gym equipment manufacturing. And most of all, they are reputed to be impartial and transparent.
Can I ask the rubber dumbbell manufacturer to imprint my company’s logo on the dumbbells?
Yes, Yanre Fitness allows buyers to imprint their logos. Make these arrangements before you finalize your order with us.
Can I avail of the wholesale price from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
Yes, you can purchase the rubber dumbbell at a wholesale price if you buy it from manufacturers. You just have to reach the minimum order quantity to avail of this discounted price.
Minimum order quantities are dependent on the rubber dumbbell manufacturer. Some suppliers use a per kilogram or pound minimum order quantity. Some also use a per piece of rubber dumbbell ordered.
So when you compare MOQ’s, take note to convert pieces to weight or weight to pieces. So you know that you are comparing apples to apples.
How much would the dumbbells cost if I get them from the rubber dumbbell manufacturer?
The wholesale price of rubber dumbbells is anywhere between $1 to $3 per kilogram. The price will depend on the brand and model of the rubber dumbbell.
Will the rubber dumbbell manufacturer handle the export/import of the dumbbells?
No, the rubber dumbbell manufacturer can’t manage your export/import duties. It can only help you in arranging shipment for your rubber dumbbells.
If you can’t attend to this, you can always hire an export/import agent to help you with it.
You now all have the information you need about rubber dumbbell manufacturers. You can properly find your rubber dumbbell manufacturer. Then select wisely the one that meets your requirements.
If you have decided to source your rubber dumbbell manufacturer overseas. Why not try Yanre Fitness.
Yanre Fitness has got a state-of-the-art facility. Plus, it has the experience to provide you with premium quality rubber dumbbells in time. Just contact our sales representatives, and we will give you a fair quote.