Kneeling Leg Curl Machine – Definitive FAQ Guide
Are you looking to equip your commercial gym or wholesale distribution center with a kneeling leg curl machine?
Are you confused about the specifications that your kneeling leg curl machine should have?
Are the options in the market too mind-boggling for you?
If yes, you are in the perfect place!
We know that the market has an astounding number of options available. That is why we have come up with a way that allows you to differentiate between the hits and misses in the market.
Our FAQ guide is designed to equip you with the knowledge necessary to find the best product for your business.
Table of Contents
- What is a kneeling leg curl machine?
- What are the different types of leg curl machines?
- How does a trainer use a kneeling leg curl machine?
- What is the difference between kneeling leg curl machine and seated leg curl machine?
- What is the difference between Kneeling leg curl machine and standing leg curl machine?
- What is the difference between Kneeling leg curl machine and lying leg curl machine?
- What is the average price of the Kneeling Leg Curl Machine?
- What are the average dimensions of the kneeling leg curl machine?
- What is the average weight of the kneeling leg curl machine?
- What is the difference between hammer strength kneeling leg curl machines and selectorized weight kneeling leg curl machines?
- How much weight can be lifted using the kneeling leg curl machine?
- Will I need to buy the weights separately?
- Is the kneeling leg curl machine adjustable?
- Does the kneeling leg curl machine have proper grips?
- Which type of padding is used in the kneeling leg curl machine?
- What type of leather should the kneeling leg curl machine have for its seat?
- What material should the frame of the kneeling leg curl machine be made of?
- Can I buy an assembled kneeling leg curl machine?
- Will I need professionals for the kneeling leg curl machine installation?
- How do I maintain the kneeling leg curl machine?
- Can I get my logo printed on the kneeling leg curl machine?
- Are there different color options for the kneeling leg curl machine?
What is a kneeling leg curl machine?
A kneeling leg curl machine isolates the hamstring muscles. It allows the user to strengthen them and increase their flexibility. However, the hamstring muscles are not the only ones that are benefited from kneeling leg curls. The machines also help work the muscles in the buttocks, thighs, and shins. This helps the users with their balance and stamina.
There are different variations for the exercise along with variations in the machine design depending upon the type of exercise being carried out. For further information regarding how a leg curl machine is operated, please refer to the following video:
Figure 1: Target Muscles in a Kneeling Leg Curl Machine
What are the different types of leg curl machines?
There are 4 different kinds of leg curls machines:
- Seated leg curl machine
- Lying leg curl machine
- Standing leg curl machine
- Kneeling leg curl machine
Yanre Fitness can satisfy your needs no matter what kind of leg machine you prefer.
Seated leg curl machine
The seated leg curl machine allows the users to remain seated while executing the leg curl.
Figure 2: Seated Leg Curl Machine
Lying leg curl machine
While using the lying leg curl machine, the users remain in a lying position on the bench.
Figure 3: Lying leg Curl machine
Standing leg curl machine
A standing leg curl machine isolates the hamstrings while the user is in an upright position.
Figure 4: Standing Leg Curl Machine
Kneeling leg curl machine:
The kneeling leg curl machine allows users to focus on one leg at a time while executing the leg curl. They remain in a standing position with one knee off the ground.
Figure 5: Kneeling leg curl machine
How does a trainer use a kneeling leg curl machine?
- The user places their knee onto the knee rest and places the other leg on the ground with the ankles behind the pad. They brace themselves on the handles of the machine and lift their leg towards their buttocks.
- The rest of the body must remain stationary while performing the exercise. The reps must be repeated for both legs.
What is the difference between kneeling leg curl machine and seated leg curl machine?
The difference is in their use. The process of using a seated leg curl machine is listed below:
- The user places the back of their ankles on top of the pads.
- Bends their legs at the knees.
- Lowers their feet as they pull their feet back underneath them.
They have a padded bar on top of the legs to prevent users from raising their legs while executing the leg curl.
What is the difference between Kneeling leg curl machine and standing leg curl machine?
The difference between these two machines is how they are used for exercise. In a standing leg curl machine, user have to do the following steps:
- The user stands in position with one ankle under the pad and lifts their foot towards their bottom.
- The non-dominant leg should be worked before the dominant one and reps should be adjusted for the other leg.
What is the difference between Kneeling leg curl machine and lying leg curl machine?
The major difference comes in when the trainer uses the machines. A lying leg curl machine is used in the following way:
- The user places their ankles beneath the pad.
- Bends their knees.
- Raises their legs towards their buttocks.
The users must be careful not to raise their hips as that could lead to lower back stress.
What is the average price of the Kneeling Leg Curl Machine?
The price of the kneeling leg curl machine can range anywhere from $100 – $800.
The variation is dependent upon the brand and material. Loads are not usually included with the machine. But some manufacturers do offer them with the machine which can influence the price of the product.
What are the average dimensions of the kneeling leg curl machine?
The average dimensions can range from 46 to 49 inches for length, 50 to 60 inches for height, and 50 to 60 inches for width.
However, these are only rough estimates. It is best to contact your manufacturer for the exact dimensions before you buy the machine.
This is important because it will allow you to calculate the space required for the machine.
What is the average weight of the kneeling leg curl machine?
The average weight of a kneeling leg curl machine ranges from 110 kg to 170 kg depending upon the manufacturer.
The weight measurements are also subject to whether the machine is hammer strength or selectorized strength equipment type.
What is the difference between hammer strength kneeling leg curl machines and selectorized weight kneeling leg curl machines?
Hammer strength Kneeling Leg Curl Machines:
- Hammer strength kneeling leg curl machines tend to be plate-loaded. It means that users can place appropriate plates on the designated hooks.
- The maximum weight capacity of hammer strength kneeling leg curls is far more than the sectorized pin-loaded kneeling leg curl machines.
- However, they must be manually loaded which can increase client time on the machine.
- They are cheaper than the sectorized pin-loaded leg curl machines.
Figure 6: Hammer Strength/ Plate loaded Kneeling Leg Curl Machine
Selectorized Weight Kneeling Leg Curl Machine:
- Kneeling leg curl machines which are of the selectorized strength equipment type come with their weight stack.
- The rectangular weight stacks are attached to the machine frame and utilize pulleys.
- Users can choose the weight they need by inserting a pin into the required weight.
- The drawback of this type of machine is the weight limit since that cannot be maximized further.
Figure 7: Selectorized Weights/ pin-loaded Leg Curl Machine
How much weight can be lifted using the kneeling leg curl machine?
For kneeling leg curls that come with weight stacks, the capacity can be around 60 kg.
For plate-loaded kneeling leg curls, the capacity is more varied. It depends upon the number of hooks and the capacity for each hook. Each hook can take anywhere from 10 to 50 kg of weight depending upon the manufacturer. If all hooks are used once, it can hold approximately 100kg.
Will I need to buy the weights separately?
Yes, you will need to buy the weights separately if you are using a plate-loaded kneeling leg curl machine. The good news is that you may even already have those weight plates and they do not just need to be restricted to this machine.
On the other hand, a sectorized kneeling leg curl machine will come with its weight stack that cannot be used with any other strength equipment.
Figure 8: Weight Plates for Hammer Strength Kneeling Leg Curl Machine
Is the kneeling leg curl machine adjustable?
Yes, there are points in the machine which need to be adjustable such as the knee rest.
You need to make sure they can be adjusted easily to ensure ease of access for the clients. Your gym will receive multiple clients and almost everyone will have different bodies. Therefore, they do need to be able to adjust the machines to their taste.
Does the kneeling leg curl machine have proper grips?
Yes, the machine needs to have grips for trainers to hold on to while executing the leg curl. You need to make sure these grips are solid and will not slip during usage. Otherwise, it can result in a major injury for your client.
The grip material should have more friction, making it easier to hold on to. A proper material for grips these days is thermoplastic polyurethane. It improves elasticity and provides protection from oil, grease, and abrasion.
Which type of padding is used in the kneeling leg curl machine?
There are two types of padding materials used in gym equipment:
- Regeneration Sponge
- High-density foaming Material
Regeneration sponge is recycled material used to fill the seats out. This type is not very durable and can thin out very easily. They will not last long in a commercial setting where the machine sees heavy usage.
High-density Foaming Material
In commercial settings, mostly PU high-density foaming material is used. It tends to not only be more comfortable but also more durable in high-frequency usage situations.
Figure 9: High Density Foam Material
What type of leather should the kneeling leg curl machine have for its seat?
Synthetic leather is used in gym equipment seat coverings. There are two types of synthetic leather used in the commercial setting:
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
PU leather tends to be very flexible and offers higher breathability as a seat cover. However, one of its drawbacks is that it is not very durable.
Figure 10: PU Leather
Polyvinyl chloride leather is more commonly known as PVC leather. It is tough, durable, waterproof, and does not get damaged by frequent use. One thing that damages its perfect look is the smell that it exudes. So, check for a pungent smell when you buy the product.
Figure 11: PVC Leather
What material should the frame of the kneeling leg curl machine be made of?
The frame for most strength equipment is made from pipe. Usually, the pipes feature oval or round tubing. When it comes to size, you should go for 1.5 x 3.1 inches. The US standard for pipe thickness when it comes to commercial equipment is 3 mm or above. Please contact your manufacturer to make sure that they adhere to these standards.
For more information regarding the materials used in the manufacture of commercial strength training equipment, please refer to the best commercial gym equipment buying guide by Yanre Fitness.
Can I buy an assembled kneeling leg curl machine?
No, you cannot buy an assembled kneeling leg curl machine. For shipping purposes, all manufacturers ship the product in parts without assembling it. It is done to avoid high shipping charges and to reduce the damage chances.
However, the product does come with an owner’s manual. It fully illustrates the procedure for assembling the machine. It also provides a list of tools that will be required to assemble and install the product. You can contact your manufacturer before purchase to check with them about the assembly.
Will I need professionals for the kneeling leg curl machine installation?
The manufacturers provide you with a manual that illustrates the installation process as well as the amount of space you will need to install the product. You can choose to do so by yourself. If you require help, you can check with the manufacturers to see if they offer installation services.
How do I maintain the kneeling leg curl machine?
Before using the machine, you need to ensure that the machine is working smoothly. Everything must be properly aligned with no visible damage. Some manufacturers offer a maintenance deal with their product so you can utilize that.
Otherwise, the owner manual should give basic maintenance instruction. Never use any cleaning agents that have been not advised by the manufacturer as it can damage the finish of the product.
Can I get my logo printed on the kneeling leg curl machine?
Yes, you can get your logo printed on the kneeling leg curl machine by Yanre Fitness. Please contact our sales department to know more about the details. We would be delighted to know your requirements.
Are there different color options for the kneeling leg curl machine?
Yes, Yanre Fitness does allow you to customize the machine color to your liking.
Please get in touch with our sales department to place your order and specify your requirements.
We hope that you are satisfied with our FAQ guide regarding the kneeling leg curl. By now, you should have all the information you need to make an informed decision regarding the purchase of an adequate kneeling leg curl machine.
Please visit our website to look at the finest collection of fitness equipment including leg curl machines. In case of any other queries, please reach out to Yanre Fitness to get a quick quote.