Tripgrip virgin rubber plates (black)
- High-quality rubber encased , minimize noise, floor damage, and wear and tear on the plates themselves
- 3 Grip Rubber Coated weight plate with steel ring.
- The 3 Grips Rubber Coated Weight Plate features the EZ grip handles.
- This not only makes these easier to move around your home gym, you can also grab the handles and use the Olympic Weight to do exercises.
Quality Judgement Tips:
One thing to be aware of is that while you may find many high-quality gym weight sets in the market, there’s also an abundance of cheap quality stuff you should avoid. Here are some things to take care of when shopping for weight plates:
- Ensure that the bar you are using doesn’t have a larger diameter than the plate hole so that you can load it for use. Since a regular Olympic bar is 2 inches in diameter, an Olympic plate with a 2-inch center hole works well with it.
- If you’re using another kind of bar, find out the diameter of its sleeve (the rod where plates are loaded) before purchasing weight plates for it.
- Don’t buy plates with holes much larger than your bar’s diameter, since they may make the bar unstable and even slip off during use.
Look for Ease of Handling
- Handles and raised inserts can make your weight plates convenient to use.
- Handles make a plate easy to pick up and load on a bar. Smooth weight discs can be challenging to use since there’s no place to engage your palm.
- Raised inserts prevent plates from resting flat on the floor, leaving space for your fingers to slide under and pick them up.
Learn more buying tips: Best Gym Owner’s Weight Plate Buying Guide